Character Bio #1 - Elaine Strauss

Elaine Strauss

Elaine Strauss

Born September 29, Virgo

"Be glad you're not immortal. You won't have to live through watching your loved ones die."

Elaine grew up in a small rural town in Carta, Romania. She was a simple girl with a mediocre life, despite being the daughter of a retired, wealthy knight. That was until she found an infant in her doorstep, seemingly abandoned by the Romanies or Gypsies. Elaine and her family took them in and became part of her family, naming her Sophia. The two would grow close together. Sophia became the life of the family. Their father would train them in the art of combat, against their mother's wishes. On her birthday, Sophia knitted Elaine her red cloak, an outfit she refuses to part with, even to this day.

At the age of 18, she became a nun alongside her sister Sophia due to their father's untimely death. Their lives were fulfilling, until all of a sudden, her sister disappeared. She left the convent and searched for her sister for 30 years. During her search, she contracted Tuberculosis, debilitating her and slowly killing her. She later came across an Oracle who would inform her of her sister's whereabouts: "Your sister is still alive... in the city of London... and... I see it burning..." knowing that her sister was in danger, Elaine wanted to head there but her condition was at its worst. She slowly died, regretting her inability to find her sister. Out of pity, the Oracle gave Elaine (And her horse for some reason) the Elixir of Life, a potion that can turn a person into an immortal and granting them everlasting life and youth, but at a cost. Those who drink of it can no longer use mana. Now with her newfound strength, Elaine rode to England.

She later found her sister in the burning city, after all those years of searching. But their was a problem, Sophia caused the fire. Sophia had become the vampire queen, ruler of all monsters. With an army of night creatures at her beck and call, she razed the city as vengeance for the murder of her daughter. Elaine had to do the inevitable: she killed her own sister. All those years of searching, only for Sophia to die by her hand. Right there and then, she had lost everything. She had lost her purpose.

Now she wanders the world, looking for a new purpose in life, incapable of dying through old age. Will she succeed in this search? Or will the curse of immortality make her life unbearable?

The strong and silent type, haunted by her past actions. Elaine Strauss, the Red Riding Hood.

Deviantart Page: 

https://www.deviantart.com/johnfkennedy170/art/Elaine-Strauss-The-Red-Riding-Hood-1085954926

Deviantart Page for Act 0, Chapter 1:

https://www.deviantart.com/johnfkennedy170/art/1080855403