Chapter 2

7:30am

Louie had been restless the last few nights. He couldn't stop thinking about the banana milk Kai gave him but more importantly what he would do if he ever ran into Mason again. He decided it would be best to keep everything that happened a secret. Tailor would only make the situation harder to deal with. She enjoyed the theatrics of life. If she stubbed her toe, the next 30 minutes would be a one woman show.

    "Louie!"

Louie waited at the bus stop close to Aunties shop to pick up Tailor. Tailor jumped off the bus and waved her hands at him excitedly. Her canary yellow dress over red leggings made her visible from miles away. Her real name was Taylor, but she decided to change it in middle school to Tailor. No one questioned it. Once Tailor had her mind set, there was no going back.

Tailor's always had a love for fashion. Her strawberry hair and big green eyes added texture to her unique fashion sense. She ran to Louie, let go of her baggage and twirled around like she was seeing the city for the first time.

    "Come on, we're gonna be late!"

Louie grabbed Tailor's suitcase and followed behind her. She skipped around and rambled on about her family's pop up during the break. Louie normally stayed tuned in for her rambling but his mind kept wandering off.

I can't act weird or Tailor will know something is wrong. Just forget about it while you're with her. Think of something else... The weather...it's nice today. Come on Louie, the weather!? Get a grip before-

Louie was suddenly dragged to a small alcove in the wall.

    "Tailor what the hell a-"

    "SHH shhhshh! Look. LOOK!"

Tailor palmed the top of Louie's head and turned it. Kai and Sammy were walking together across the street. Louie's heart dropped to his stomach. He had a feeling of possession, then loss followed by embarrassment. He was uncomfortable. He shook his way out of Tailor's talons and back to reality.

    "That slimy snake! Now she's flaunting him
      to the whole city."
    "OMG are those the latest Marc Jacobs heels..
      now I need them"

    "I think they are just walking Tailor"

    "Yeah, juuuust walking. While her hand twirls
      in her hair and she struts down the street!"
    "Louie, you wouldn't understand. Girls can
      spot the flirt schemes of other girls from
miles away..."

That ought to make her ramble for a while....
Are they dating? They did look good walking together. Maybe the banana milk
he gave me, was for her... Right! That makes much more sense. He was
just being nice and saw mine get stolen. Nothing else, just being nice.

8:00am

    "Auntie!!!"
    "How have you been? I had a fantastic break,
      my family had their pop up an-"

Tailor started to ramble at Auntie. She could talk about anything for hours. Louie and Auntie gave each other a quick hug and he got to work organizing the food drop off. Louie took the first few boxes to the back to unload the ingredients.

** the faint chime of small bells on the door**

Louie went to check the front to make sure Auntie knew a customer was there. As soon as he saw the angry almond eyes, he fell flat to the floor. His heart was pumping like it had just finished a marathon. He scrambled over to the corner behind the boxes and hid.