Part 40

Dinah POV

It's Mother's Day and I got something very special planned for my lady normani I'm not going to tell her because it's a surprise lucky for me my baby likes surprises I surprised her with a her dream car on her birthday last month.

I heard that riley is doing something for the both of us but won't tell me did I also tell y'all that jaylene started back school yesterday well not start yet they go back to school in 2 weeks normani enrolled her back to school to meet the teachers again and let's just say from what normani told me it didn't end well.

Imma talk to jaylene later hold up my baby calling me let me see what she wants I'll be right back.

Normani:babe did you talk to jaylene yet

Dinah:no not yet

Normani:I thought you said you'd speak to her yesterday

Dinah:babe I said after she calms down I'll speak to her

Both normani and dinah hear movement coming from upstairs and then see jaylene come downstairs and leave the house slamming the front door.

Normani:what's going on now

Dinah:I don't know imma go see

Normani:bring jaylene back home

Dinah:I got you baby

Dinah leaves the house getting in her car and pulling off driving looking for jaylene.

Meanwhile back at home normani goes upstairs to jaylene room and see that it's a mess also seeing a gun on the dresser she immediately calls dinah.

(Phone Conversation)

Normani:(dials dinah number)

Dinah:hello

Normani:did you find her yet

Dinah:babe I'm still looking for her

Normani:question

Dinah:what's wrong

Normani:did you by any chance bring a gun into the house

Dinah:what no why would you ask that

Normani:because I'm staring at a gun in the house so do you own any weapons that I don't know about

Dinah:no normani that is not my gun and I don't own any weapons

Normani:okay I'll call riley to see if it's his

Normani hangs up the phone and call up her son riley

Skip phone call from riley

After searching everywhere dinah finally finds jaylene sitting by herself on the bench in the park.

Dinah:(takes her umbrella from behind her seat and gets out of the car)

Dinah:(walking up to dinah)

Jaylene:(looks up) what are you doing here

Dinah:normani told me to look for you let's get in the car and go home

Jaylene:I'm good right here I don't have a home

Dinah:jaylene your going to get sick

Jaylene:I don't care I don't have anybody don't need anyone so please just leave me alone

Dinah looks at jaylene and says can you please get in the car I really don't want you to get sick out here and normani is really worried about you.

Normani POV

I don't know what's taking them so long (looks at watch) its already 12 midnight I really hope that jaylene is okay imma give dinah a piece of my mind when she comes through this door because i told her to call me once she located my daughter jaylene well she's not technically my daughter well not on paper but since I told dinah to take her in I've been treating her like she's my daughter.

And about the whole school situation I'm not going to force her into going to school there's always homeschool and if she feels up to it I will try to again enroll her into school.

Dinah then comes through the door

Dinah:babe we are home

Normani:(goes to jaylene and hugging her tight) don't you EVER scare me like that okay

Jaylene:okay

Normani decided that she's not going to talk to her about the gun she found in her room

Just then riley comes into the living room where everyone is at with jaylene song book saying ma whoever book this is got some dope songs I think I found my next single.

Jaylene:what the fuck are you doing with my book

Riley:this yours oh my bad I'm sorry (gives the songbook back to jaylene)

Jaylene:(takes the book and goes back to her room)

Riley:what's going on with her

Dinah:just give her a minute okay and stop touching people stuff that's not yours riley

Riley like I said mama my bad dinah then looks at her son and says did you finish that song you told me about and riley responds with yeah I did, dinah says okay then let me hear it.

They go into the basement and riley starts to press play on what he finished recording after it was done dinah said that she liked it.