VII

The Rowlands and Knowles were sitting at the dinner table. It was quiet except for the utensils hitting the plate. No one was in a good mood. No one wanted to talk. Kelly was lost in her own thoughts. She wondered if she was doing the right thing by trying to move on? She didn't know. She wanted something with Beyoncé, but she had to put her kids first. It wasn't about what she wanted. It's about what her kids needed, and they needed her undivided attention. She couldn't help but feel like the fight at school was a cry for help.

Solange was uncomfortable. She needed to know what happened over the weekend to make the kids hate Beyoncé. She tried to talk about it while they were waiting on Kelly to finish up with Beyoncé, but the kids wouldn't budge. They just shrugged their shoulders and got into their booster seats. 

Beyoncé was trying to ignore the blatant glare that she was receiving from Normani. If looks could kill, the preschooler would be behind bars right now. She still has no idea what she had done wrong. Megan told her to talk to Normani. So that is exactly what she planned to do. 

As for the kids, Lizzo was eating her food happily. She couldn't wait for dessert. It was one of her favorites. Strawberry cheesecake. Yum!

Megan was staring at her mother. She was trying to figure out what Kelly was thinking. Her mother looked worried which made her feel guilty for some reason. This was their first time getting in trouble at school. Megan knew that she was in charge of protecting her siblings. She should have handled things at the playground differently somehow. 

Leigh-Anne was trying not to think too much about what her and Normani discussed moments ago. She liked Ms. Beyoncé and wouldn't mind if she was her new mom, but she also didn't want to seem like a traitor. Ms. Beyoncé seemed nice and kind, not evil. She knew that their mommy had a fun time at the Waterpark with Miss Beyoncé. They were even being really nice to each other and calling each other pretty and mommy thanked them like three times for suggesting that Ms. Beyoncé come with them. She didn't know what to do. Normani was pissed about Ms. Beyoncé staying the night. Megan didn't care as long as Ms. Beyoncé didn't hurt mommy. Lizzo, as usual, was too oblivious to see what was going on. 

Normani set her fork down. She wasn't hungry anymore, and she was tired of stabbing her piece of chicken. "Mother, may I be excused?" 

Kelly looked at her daughter's plate and frowned. Normani only ate her mac and cheese which was odd for the growing girl. "Are you not hungry? You've barely touched your food." Kelly questioned. 

"No ma'am, I don't have an appetite. Thank you for the dinner, Ms. Solo." Normani placed her napkin on her plate. 

Kelly nodded. "Okay, you are excused. Go pack your bag because Grandma Gladys will be here bright and early tomorrow to pick you up."

"Yes ma'am." Normani grabbed her plate and left the dinner table. She didn't have the energy to argue about having to spend their punishment with that lady.

Kelly looked at her plate for a moment. She wasn't feeling that hungry either. "Who wants dessert?" She wiped her mouth with her napkin. "I made strawberry cheesecake." 

"Me!" Lizzo yelled enthusiastically. Her arm was raised in the air. 

Kelly gave the girl a small smile. She was the only one who seemed to be in a good mood. "I'll be right back." Kelly stood up.

"I will help you get the plates." Beyoncé followed behind her. 

Kelly and Beyoncé worked quietly. Beyoncé set out the plates while Kelly cut the cheese cake. 

"Thank you." Kelly said as Beyoncé set the last plate down. 

"No problem." Beyoncé grabbed Kelly's hand slowly intertwining their fingers. "What's wrong? Are you mad at me too?" 

Kelly looked down at Beyoncé. Those beautiful, hazel eyes were staring back at her. She wanted nothing more than to kiss her lips, but she decided against it. Instead, she brought Beyoncé's hand to her lips and kissed it. "I'm not mad at you. I just have a lot on my mind. I am sorry that I haven't been a good host or a good friend today."