Chapter 10.

The door of the home opened and there entered Augstus and Genevieve followed by Constantine and Simon, their hands filled with bags.

"Welcome back," Harper spoke up as she mixed the contents in the metallic pot before her. "Dinner should be ready soon enough. Is anyone hungry?".

"I'm still full from breakfast," Genevieve began before turning back toward Augustus and her brother. "Unless they are hungry?".

Her prompt, in turn, caused a wave of shaking heads.

With a smile, Genevieve moved and sat beside Augustus, but for just a second. "Let's go upstairs and see what we've bought, shall we?". With her standing up, in one hand, she grabbed some of the bags which contained his clothes and with her other, she took hold of Augustus's hand, pulling him to stand up.

Obeying her, they quickly made their way up into his room. There, Genevieve laid out all the clothes. "You've got a nice assortment of clothes now, some of these need a quick wash, so I'll bring them down to Harper when we're done.".

"There's no need for such, I can do it myself," Augustus spoke up. "I can take them down and put them in the washer once I've showered.".

Slightly impressed, Genevieve's eyes failed to move from Augustus. "You can wash clothes?... First time I've heard a man can do such. And I don't mean that as anything offensive.".

"None taken... I've lived in Whylo all alone, so I kinda had to do it myself... besides, not like it's rocket science or anything, right?". He paused for a mere moment. "And on top of that, Harper has got a lot to do as is, the least I can do is turn on the washer myself.".

Nodding her head in an understanding manner, the smile on her lips grew that bit more. "You know... you're right.".

"I am most of the time," he responded and to his words, Genevieve couldn't help but let out a mere laugh.

--- --- --- --- ---

Sometime later, dinner commenced. Following dinner and the setting of the sun behind the metropolitan skyline, Augustus made his way to the bathroom with his new shower essentials in his hands.

Quickly stepping into the shower, at first, the pleasant smell of apples from his shampoo filled the bathroom. Which was then followed by the scent of lavender and bergamot from his body wash.

Once finished, he briefly wrapped himself in a towel before heading to the mirror. One of the other essentials Genevieve and he bought was razors.

Opening the pack and taking one out, he placed the pack into a small opening by the side of the mirror. Applying a thin layer of the shaving foam on his face, in gentle strokes, he shaved.

Washing his face once he was finished, he put his clothes on before hanging his towel to dry before he stepped out of the bathroom. Upon his return to the bedroom, he was greeted by the pile of clothes that sat on his bed, waiting to be taken down to the laundry room. But with the amount of clothes, he knew he wouldn't be able to take it all down at once.

At that, he remembered the basket in the bathroom right by the basin. Rushing back and getting the straw laundry basket, he quickly placed the clothes into it before picking it up and making his way out the door and down the steps.

At the bottom, his gaze was quickly captured by Constantine, who seemed to notice Augustus too. Moving back and to the side, he allowed Augustus to pass down first. "Thank you...".

"A bit too late to do laundry now, don't you think?".

"I'd rather set it for overnight so I can set the clothes out to dry in the morning," Augustus responded, shoving the basket by his right hip as he faced Constantine.