Episode 4: Color Orchestration

"The symbols of mind!"

I had never paid attention to what people wore around me before. Our company's environment consisted of open office areas with short glass separators providing semi-private offices to each of the employees. While working, I was able to see my colleagues in their own offices and hear them talking with each other next to my cubicle.

That Monday I was working on a report for the last season. The task for that moment was entering the expenses one at a time and calculating the growth for each week. I was trying to focus on the numbers ignoring the noise around me. After about some hours of work, I felt ready to submit the results to the boss. Being exhausted while trying to be careful, I decided to check the numbers just one more time. At that point, I scanned through them and the third week of September caught my eye:

There was a big mistake. At that exact moment, I realized the boss, wearing a brown shirt, next to my seat.

"Pay attention to the details!",

He didn't say anything, but suddenly the picture of the Chinese teacher with black framed glasses was in my mind. After fixing the mistake I was thinking I should be more careful in my job when a colleague wearing a yellow shirt stood up in the next cubicle, looked around, and sat down again.

my eyes and mind have become sensitive towards colors, mostly about what people were wearing. Different colors seemed to bring different meanings to me; whenever I did something wrong, instantly I saw brown.

It all seemed to be part of the training process implemented in the system and I was exploring it one after another. My emotions, thoughts and actions had been woven with colors as symbols that would be reflected to me instantly. I felt strongly entangled and connected to the environment around me, bringing a sense of safety and security while making me feel more focused and numb at the same time.