Excitement

Without a moments hesitation, I sprung upwards, knocking Arrow aside. He looked at me reproachfully, but I took no notice. The warning bells usually meant nothing (okay they always mean nothing) but I saw my opportunity, and I lunged for it. I threw on my shirt, pulled on my pants and shoes and rushed towards the open door.

" Wait," Arrow cried out. I turned around and saw him sitting on the floor looking up at me with huge eyes. " Where are you going? The bells don't mean anything!"

     I shook my head in sorrow and tried to come up with an answer that wouldn't hurt him any more than he had already been hurt.

" This Island is my responsibility. I have to stand by my people, no matter what," I paused with one foot at the door, wondering what I could say to make this better. "I'm sorry."

     Whether he responded or not, I have no idea, for I was already running down the soft sand towards the shore, were a large crowd was gathering. Wait! Large crowds never  gather after a warning bell! Usually everyone ignores it and continue on with there life. I mean who can blame them? With an Island that never ages, that no one can get off of and no one that can come to our Island, what excitement can we get? That's right, none!

     I ran harder, cursing my short legs, wishing I had called Althea, when the crowd finally noticed me rushing towards them. They shot me disapproving looks and turned to each other to whisper. I loved there ignorance, they just thought I couldn't hear them? Obviously, after 6 years of being the Best Hunter on the Island, I had the best hearing abilities.

" She should've warned us."

" Evil little girl."

" Probably isn't even the real Seeker."

     I shoved my way through the crowd, earning more glares and a few shoves back, until finally, triumphantly, I broke my way to the center. The scene before me took a few seconds to process. All I saw was a soaken wet figure lying on his stomach, not breathing and not conscious. Somebody in the crowd told us to roll him over onto his back, and a few people complied. When they rolled him on his back, I gasped in shock, and terror, and stumbled closer to get a better look. I needed no more clarification, for I knew this was the man from my Vision.