2

Across town in Lorne, Jennie was settling into her hotel room for the evening. The sun had dipped below the horizon, leaving the room bathed in the soft glow of the bedside lamp.

She propped her phone up on the small desk in the corner of her room and tapped the screen to start a video call. The familiar face of her friend Lisa appeared on the screen, a smile lighting up her face as she answered the call. Lisa was currently in Seoul, South Korea, her vibrant cityscape visible behind her.

"Hey, Jennie!" Lisa greeted, her voice filled with excitement. "How's Lorne treating you? Looks like a cozy place."

Jennie grinned, settling into her chair. "Hey, Lisa. It's actually really nice here. Quite a change of pace from the hustle and bustle of the city. It's been a pretty relaxing day so far."

Lisa nodded, adjusting her camera to get a better view. "That's great to hear. How's everything going with your photography project?"

Jennie leaned back, looking thoughtful. "It's going well. I've been exploring the local spots and getting some good shots. There's something about this place that's really inspiring. I even visited a cute little café called Park's Café today. The owner was really nice, and the place had a lot of character."

Lisa raised an eyebrow, intrigued. "A café, huh? Did you meet anyone interesting there?"

Jennie chuckled, her eyes sparkling with a hint of mischief. "Actually, I did. The barista there was really friendly. I might have found a bit of inspiration for my next project. It's always nice to encounter new people and places."

Lisa's curiosity was piqued. "Sounds like you had a good time. I can't wait to see what you've captured. Are you planning to stay there for a while?"

Jennie nodded, her smile widening. "Yeah, I'm here for a two months. I want to make the most of my time and explore as much as I can. The more I see, the more I feel like I'm capturing the essence of this place."

As the conversation continued, Jennie and Lisa shared stories about their respective adventures and experiences. Despite the distance between them, their friendship remained as strong as ever, with their conversation filled with laughter and camaraderie.

As the clock ticked towards the end of their call, Jennie glanced at the time and realized it was getting late. "Well, I should probably start winding down for the night. I've got an early morning planned for tomorrow."

Lisa nodded in understanding. "Sounds like a plan. It was great catching up with you, Jennie. Enjoy the rest of your stay in Lorne."

Jennie smiled warmly. "Thanks, Lisa. It was great talking to you too. I'll send you some photos soon."

After ending the video call with Lisa, Jennie felt a wave of exhaustion wash over her. She stretched with a yawn, her body signaling that it was time to wind down. Jennie moved to the edge of her bed, the soft hum of the hostel's quiet ambiance creating a relaxing atmosphere.

She fluffed the pillow, adjusted the blanket, and then sat down on the edge of the bed, taking a moment to appreciate the serene environment. The room was dimly lit, with only a gentle glow from the bedside lamp casting soft shadows on the walls.

Jennie pulled the blanket up to her chin, her body sinking into the softness of the mattress. She turned her gaze towards the window, which was slightly ajar. The night sky outside was clear, with stars twinkling faintly above. The view was mesmerizing, offering a sense of calm and wonder.

As Jennie lay back against her pillow, she found herself lost in the quiet beauty of the night sky. The stars seemed to shimmer with a gentle light, adding a sense of magic to the stillness of the evening. Jennie took a deep breath, letting the tranquility of the moment envelop her.