That's not very princely of you

I wake up to a gentle tapping on my shoulder, I groan and hope whoever it is will leave me alone. Tap. Tap. Tap. I groan louder and roll over, this time onto my side, more specifically the side that has bandages covering a stitched up hole. The sting of my own weight on it jolts me awake, again. I look up and see Anne holding a dress excitedly, grin across her face. My breath catching in my throat as I beheld the sight before me, I recognize this gown, it was one of the Queen's many. She stood there, holding this gown that seemed to capture the very essence of twilight. The fabric was a deep, enchanting blue, reminiscent of the night sky just before stars begin to emerge. It flowed with an effortless grace, it's movement almost like a ripple of serene water. It is adorned with delicate gold trim, which wove it's way around the bodice in intricate patterns, resembling the delicate trails left by a shooting star. Each line of gold shimmered softly, catching the light in a way that made it look as if the gown itself was imbued with a subtle, celestial glow.

Scattered across the deep blue fabric were countless tiny crystals, each one sparkling like a distant star caught in the folds. They were arranged with meticulous care, their brilliance creating a mesmerizing dance of light that seemed almost alive. I reach out and touch the silky fabric, letting the crystals slide under my fingers. The crystals picked up every glimmer of light, reflecting it back in a breathtaking display of radiance. The skirt of the gown cascaded into luxurious layers, each one edged with that same exquisite gold trim, adding depth and richness to it's already captivating beauty. As they held it up, I couldn't help the tears prickling at the corners of my eyes. I remember the paintings in which she wore this particular dress, she was my age, recently married to the king. Ezra would tease me for the amount of time I'd spend in awe of this dress. I can't imagine how on earth they manage to find it and bring it here. 

"How?.." Is all I can manage while feeling the crystals slide through my fingers, I don't dare let the tears escape my face in fear of somehow ruining it. 

"I spoke to his highness about any potential dinner plans for this evening, and he informed me of an arrangement he had planned in the garden...." started Anne, 

"And well he knew I was going to dress you for it, he suggested I take a look at, god rest her soul, the Queen's magnificent collection of dresses. From when she was just starting out as a princess. I thought this one might fit you best, you and the Queen have very similar skin tones. You will be positively radiant tonight." Anne couldn't suppress the grin plastered to her face. 

Not knowing what else to say to convey the extent of my gratitude, I nod my head with tearful eyes. Anne takes me to wash up, though it's difficult with the cuts and burns, she manged to scrub me completely clean of all the dirt and debris. My bandages are replaced for what seemed like the hundredth time. My once matted and dirty brown hair was now brushed and styled in an elegant updo. I almost don't recognize my hands, my fingernails clean and even, filed and sparkling to perfection. My pale skin cleansed of any dirt, mud, or blood, showing the freckles that line my cheeks and nose. Anne happily pampering me, for the first time in a while I feel safe, at peace. Something I missed and longed for while chasing after Ava. They accompany me back to my room to be dressed for dinner. I'm scared to ruin the elegant gown in front of me, with the help of the girls I slowly slip into it. Measuring every move to ensure I don't do anything to risk the beauty of it. Once I have it on, the girls turn me to the mirror so I can see the results of their strong efforts. 

"Wow..." Is all I can manage once I get a view of myself. My hair is done up in graceful curls that fall over my shoulders, framing my face perfectly. My figure accentuated in the corset the gown has sewn in, making it look as though I have a very generous chest and slim waist. The gown is something that belongs in a museum, it's elegance alone makes it feel like a crime for me to be wearing it. I try to fight that feeling with one of happiness. I can imagine her standing next to me once again, telling me I look radiant. I can feel her presence while wearing this dress and I will forever be grateful for that. I take Anne into a tight embrace, she's given me more than she knows.