Chapter 4: Promises and Threats

Welcome Roses🌹

———————————————————————————-

────୨ৎ────

Aranshi was sitting on the couch in the Rajput family living room, gently stroking her swollen belly. The soft hum of conversation filled the room as Shivanya and Samaira chatted about baby names. Riyansh was in his study, working on some urgent business, as usual.

Suddenly, Aranshi felt a sharp, gripping pain in her abdomen. She gasped, clutching her stomach. The room went silent.

Shivanya's eyes widened in concern. "Aranshi, are you okay?"

Aranshi tried to speak, but another wave of pain cut her off. Her breath came in short, panicked bursts as the realization hit her. "I... I think it's time," she managed to say, her voice trembling with fear

Samaira jumped to her feet, her usually playful demeanor replaced with serious concern. "Mom! It's happening! We need to get her to the hospital!"

Shivanya moved quickly, her experience as a mother taking over. "Samaira, grab Aranshi's hospital bag from her room. I'll call Riyansh."

Samaira sprinted upstairs, while Shivanya pulled out her phone, her hands shaking slightly as she dialed Riyansh's number.

"Riyansh, it's happening," Shivanya said as soon as he answered.

Within seconds, Riyansh was in the living room, his stern, composed demeanor barely hiding the worry etched on his face. He knelt beside Aranshi, taking her hand in his. "Breathe, Aranshi. I'm here. We're going to the hospital right now."

Samaira returned with the bag just as Ved, Riyansh's father, came down the stairs, alerted by the commotion. "Let's move quickly," Ved said, his voice calm and authoritative, directing everyone toward the door.

As they helped Aranshi to her feet, another contraction hit, causing her to double over in pain. Riyansh wrapped an arm around her waist, supporting her. "Easy now, I've got you," he whispered, his voice softening as he guided her to the car.