Chapter 6: Unwritten paths

Please Vote before you start reading!!🫶🏻🌷

Author's Pov

The week began like any other for Riyansh, but the tension was palpable. He had received two important updates from his team—their lead on his father's attacker and another mission that required immediate attention. His demeanor was stoic, yet anyone who truly knew him could sense the dark storm brewing beneath the surface.

At the break of dawn, Riyansh stood in his office, his piercing eyes scanning the map sprawled across his desk. He was preparing for a dual mission—the first to locate his father's attacker, the second to dismantle a notorious drug cartel that had been terrorizing the innocent for months.

As his men gathered, the air around them was thick with tension. No one dared to speak unless spoken to. Riyansh's mere presence was enough to make the strongest of men quiver. His sharp gaze landed on his right-hand man, Adarsh, who briefed him on the upcoming operation.

"Boss, we've tracked down two possible leads related to the attack on Mr. Ved Singh Rajput," Adarsh said cautiously, aware of how sensitive the subject was. "And the cartel's hideout has been confirmed. We're ready to strike both."

Riyansh's voice was low, dangerously calm. "We go in. No loose ends."

The cartel operation wasn't just another mission for Riyansh—it was personal. The drug cartel had destroyed countless lives, terrorizing innocent families and corrupting the streets. Riyansh had always lived by his own rules, but there was one principle he upheld above all: protecting those who couldn't protect themselves.

As dawn broke, Riyansh's black-clad figure moved like a shadow through the cartel's compound. His men followed closely, their silence testament to their respect and fear of him. With a precise hand, Riyansh signaled for them to take their positions. They had one objective: rescue the innocents trapped by the cartel's cruelty and bring the cartel to its knees.

The first part of the operation was swift. Riyansh led the infiltration, slipping past guards and disabling the security with surgical precision. Deep inside the compound, in a dimly lit, filthy room, they found the prisoners—women and children huddled together, their faces marked with the pain of captivity.

Riyansh's heart tightened, but his face remained stone-cold. His team quickly moved to escort them to safety. The prisoners' gratitude was palpable, but Riyansh wasn't interested in their thanks. There was still work to be done.

Now, it was time to deal with the cartel.

The second part of the mission wasn't about rescue—it was about retribution.

Riyansh's boots echoed against the concrete floor as he entered the main hall of the compound, where the cartel's leaders were gathered, indulging in their ill-gotten riches, oblivious to their impending doom. His presence, like a silent storm, didn't go unnoticed for long.