14. Dance Monkey - HC/Drabble

Pairing: Macaque x fem!dancer!Reader

Rating: SFW

Warnings/Tags: Fluff, 'nuff said.

Word Count: 900+ words

🌙  Being in a relationship with Macaque meant learning new things about him through unintentional or riddle-like ways

🌙 Being in a relationship with Macaque meant learning new things about him through unintentional or riddle-like ways.

🌙 The only reason you found out about his talent in shadow play was through MK. When you shared your love of dancing, which may or may not have been obvious, Macaque simply hummed but stored that information in his mind for later.

🌙 Sometimes he'll ask you about it or 'reluctantly' assist you in whatever choreography you're practicing/preparing that requires two people.

🌙 This is also how you found out your oh-so-humble monkey knew how to use his feet.

🌙 Nervous or not? Whether you're nervous about your ability or not, I think Macaque wouldn't bug you about it unless you came to him first. That, or he's in a playful mood and wants to disrupt your day in some way.

🌙 Pulling you away from work/cooking/chores/etc and twirling you in his arms.

🌙 Appearing behind you while you're busy with something else and softly singing in your ear as he slowly guide you into a waltz. That kind of thing.

🌙 If you're versatile in different forms of dance, be prepared for Macaque to quickly fall from grace and stumble to keep up with you.

🌙 I feel like he would be good in ballroom dancing, ribbon/fan dancing, and ballet. If you're good at break-dancing, salsa, and tap dance...you'll have the upper hand for a while until Macaque get's the hang of it.

🌙 Dance group/partner? In a group, Macaque probably won't have much of an opinion about it. Having a dance partner? Practicing alone, together, just the two of you, without him? Well, I think he's petty enough to wait until you get home to sweep you off your feet and ask a few times whether or not he's better than your dance buddy. Even after you've reassured him multiple times, he'll be by your side like glue for the rest of the day/afternoon/night.

🌙 Shows? Assuming that Macaque continues doing shadow plays, you'll attend each one just as he'll do for your shows. He might not be in the front row, but you'll be able to see the shadow of his figure admiring you from a distance away from the stuffy crowd. You two might even have your own signals to greet each other after the end of your shows, maybe a blow kiss or a wink in a particular direction. Just know that he's obsessed with seeing you doing the things you love the most.

🌙 Teach others history/dancing? As much as he admires your patience in teaching others the wonders of your craft and the little tidbits of history he gets to ingest when you're together, he prefers intimate demonstrations over lectures.

🌙 Perhaps he'll act dumb while you're preparing for your next class and will ask you to show him a example of a type of dance you're preparing for your students. Even if you call him out on knowing the dance/history of said dance, he'll ask you to indulge him anyway.

— 🌙 —

Fingers tapped away at the keyboard as your eyes strained to keep track of the words on the PowerPoint slide. The pedestal fan whirred in the background and occasionally blew in your direction as it did a 180 degree turn. You sighed as you leaned back to check the time on your phone.

11:40 PM

Damn.

You pushed the blue light glasses against your temple before stretching your arms above your head, before you lowered them back onto the keyboard they were caught in someone's grip. You glanced up at the perpetrator and tiredly smiled at the dark furred monkey staring you down.

"You're up late," Macaque mused as he kept your hands above your head. He glanced at the bright screen of your laptop and squinted. "Lesson plans again?"

"Mhm," You yawned before yelping as Macaque lowered your arms down before scooping you into his arms. Your back hit his chest as he plucked you from your chair and turned around with you curled against him. Thankfully, he lowered you onto your feet when the two of you entered the hallway leading to your bedroom.

The moment he rested his hand on your waist and held one of your hands up you already knew what time it was. A breathless chuckle left you as you closed the distance between the two of you and laid your head on his shoulder.

Macaque's expression softened as he took the lead and swayed the two of you back and forth, the hand on your waist keeping you steady as he guided the two of you inside of your bedroom.

Despite the lack of music, both of you moved in sync as if you've danced this dance a million times. It certainly felt that way.

As the back of your leg touched the edge of the bed, Macaque dropped his hand to your lower back and dipped you above the bed.

You and Macaque stared at each other for a while; your hand running through his hair ever so slowly as his half-lidded gaze took in every little detail on your face.

As the distance between your lips came to a close, you closed your eyes and waited for the inevitable kiss to come.

Macaque had other plans and released his hold on you.

"Wha-?!" You bounced a little as you were ruthlessly dropped onto the comfy bed of yours.

Macaque only arched a brow and smirked before disappearing into a portal.

"Jackass," You rolled your eyes and got ready for bed.

🍜 - I do not give permission for anyone to translate, copy, republish, or plagiarize any of my written works

🍜 - I do not give permission for anyone to translate, copy, republish, or plagiarize any of my written works. I provide no permission for any of my literary works to be used in artificial intelligence. sparkle banner(s) by adornedwithlight on Tumblr!!