Chapter 3

With Drew she is just running as far away from the train station and as far away from everyone as possible. She stops at a bench and sees no one is around and she takes out her phone and sees twelve missed calls and many texts from Annie, Jenna, and Riley. She looks at the messages.

Annie: Hey Drew! How's Abu Dahbi?

Jenna: How's the trip?

Riley: How's the trip? Hope you've gotten lots of pictures! 

Drew reads them and scrolls down to the most recent ones from twenty minutes ago. 

Jenna: Drew? You there?

Annie: Hello? Drew? 

Riley: Drew? Are you okay?

Drew reads the messages from her concerned friends and sighs running her hand through her hair. She wants them to think she's okay because she doesn't want to worry them, but she also doesn't want to lie to them. 

Drew: Hey, sorry for not replying, this is an action packed trip here, I'm fine though, hope you all are having fun!

Drew sends the message and puts her phone away thinking about what she's going to do now. On one hand she has part of a key that leads to something that's worth a lot of money, but on the other hand she now has secret organizations and crazy people chasing after her because of it. She thinks about it for a moment and she feels guilt build up in her stomach as she remembers how she just left Ethan trapped in that car on the train tracks just moments ago. She puts her phone away and runs her hand through her hair as tears come to her eyes as she comes to the realization that Ethan may have died because of her. She is usually emotionless when it came to her stealing from people and people being sad they're watch or necklace got stolen, she could deal with that, but she can't deal with the fact that a man she barely knew might have died today because of her. She thinks about how her parents would feel about her doing all this, stealing, cons, and now doing something she never intended to do no matter what, hurt someone, or worse, kill someone. 

Tears are running down her face now as she thinks about everything she has caused just from stealing the part of the key in the first place. She tries to calm herself down but she can't help but think back to when Ethan was helping her. When he saved her from people that were trying to kill them, when he helped her in the accident with the car. Everything he has done to help her today and she just left him there to die. Drew then gets a text from an unknown number.

Unknown: Come to the Ducale at midnight tonight and I'll show you how you can get rid of that key. 

Drew reads the message and wonders who it is and then the unknown person sends a picture of the Ducale. 

Unknown: It's a party, dress for the occasion. 

Drew reads it and is confused and she replies. 

Drew: Who is this? What do you want?

She sends and waits but never gets a response. She sighs and decides that if she wants to get rid of this key she has to go but she's still scared. Drew finds a restroom and changes into the fanciest outfit she brought on this trip in case the class went to an event. She changes into some black dress pants, a white long-sleeve button up shirt, and a fancy black vest with it. While she's in the bathroom she notices the now dried blood from the accident previously in the day. She takes some towel paper and runs it under some water then puts it to her face, cleaning the blood off, the towel instantly turning red. After she cleaned it to the best of her ability she put her backpack on and left the bathroom.