Chapitre 1 : Le Premier Jour

[ Chapter 1: The First Day ]

Isabella Parker stepped out of the taxi, her heart pounding with a mix of excitement and nerves as she stood before the tall glass building in the heart of Paris

Isabella Parker stepped out of the taxi, her heart pounding with a mix of excitement and nerves as she stood before the tall glass building in the heart of Paris. This was it—her first day at one of the city's most prestigious fashion marketing agencies. At 26, she had left behind her life in California for this opportunity, trading the familiar beaches and sunshine for the cobblestone streets and historic charm of Paris.

With a deep breath, she adjusted her blazer, squared her shoulders, and walked through the revolving doors into the sleek, modern lobby. The contrast between the old-world beauty of Paris outside and the contemporary design of the agency inside wasn't lost on her. It was a perfect reflection of the fashion world she was about to enter—where tradition met innovation.

Isabella was immediately greeted by a friendly receptionist who handed her a visitor's badge. "You must be Isabella Parker, our new strategist," the receptionist said with a warm smile. "Bienvenue! Adam will be down to meet you in just a moment."

Isabella returned the smile, feeling a bit more at ease. She had heard about Adam from her interviews—a senior strategist with a reputation for being sharp, creative, and a bit of a charmer. As she waited, she glanced around the lobby, taking in the artful displays of fashion campaigns that lined the walls. This was where she belonged, she reminded herself, even if she was thousands of miles from home.

Just then, the elevator doors opened, and a man stepped out. He was tall, with dark hair and a casual elegance that seemed effortlessly Parisian. He wore a tailored suit with an open-collared shirt, his appearance both professional and slightly relaxed. His eyes found Isabella's, and he smiled—a smile that was equal parts welcoming and mischievous.

"Isabella Parker, I presume?" he asked in a smooth French accent as he approached. "I'm Adam Laurent. It's a pleasure to finally meet you."

Isabella extended her hand, which he shook warmly. "Likewise," she replied, her voice steady despite the butterflies in her stomach. "I've heard a lot about you."

"All good things, I hope," Adam said with a playful grin. "Come on, let's get you settled in. We have a lot to discuss."

As they walked to the elevator, Adam kept up a light conversation, asking Isabella about her journey from California and how she was finding Paris so far. She appreciated how he seemed genuinely interested, and his easygoing nature helped to calm her nerves.

"So, what made you decide to trade the California sun for the Paris rain?" Adam asked as they stepped into the elevator.

"Honestly?" Isabella began, "I've always dreamed of living in Paris, working in fashion. When this opportunity came up, I couldn't say no. Plus, I figured I could handle a little rain if it meant being in the fashion capital of the world."