11 . reset

zhou xinyuyn

zhou xinyu
yn

yn yln
🎈📌💢

zhou xinyu
alrightt
we're not doing that

yn yln
what do u want frm me tdy?

zhou xinyu
come to the dining hall w/ me

yn yln
what if i don't want to

zhou xinyu
we need to be seen tgthr
& this is how we start

yn yln
what time?

zhou xinyu
does around 2 work for u?

yn yln
i hv class

zhou xinyu
what time do u get out?

yn yln
3:15

zhou xinyu
come then

yn yln
i'll be there

"you know nobody's gonna believe us if you look miserable the whole time," xinyu said

"oh i'm sorry. let me just forget that i'm being forced to hang out with you right now," you said.

"you did a good job acting the other day. what's the problem now?" xinyu asked.

"i had motivation then. right now we're just sitting around hoping people take photos of us, which might not even happen," you said.

"can you at least look like you wanna be here?" xinyu told you.

you sighed before sitting up and trying to look like you were actually there to be engaged. you put on a forced smile, hoping it was convincing enough.

xinyu glanced around, checking to see if anyone was watching. "we just need a few people to see us. after that, we can leave and you can go back to hating me."

"that's the plan."

an awkward silence fell between you as you both looked around. the tension between you was obvious.

xinyu realized this and decided to break the silence. "how's your family?"

"they're good," you answered simply.

"sometimes i miss hanging out at your house. your mom always made me feel welcome even if she complained that i was over too much," xinyu smiled, remembering that time.

"yeah, she hasn't let anybody stay over that long since," you mentioned.

"it's because she's always liked me more than everybody else," xinyu said.

"i don't think my mom likes you anymore," you told xinyu.

"oh... well, i guess that makes sense," xinyu responded awkwardly.

"yeah..."

"well, my mom misses you. she mentions you every once in a while," xinyu quickly changed the topic.

"oh, i miss her," you replied sadly.

"you could come visit sometime. i'm sure she would appreciate it."

"i don't know if that's a good idea."

"do it for her then. not for me."

"i'll think about it."

xinyu sighed, the frustration evident in her voice. "i know things are weird between us, but it doesn't have to be this hard. we used to be friends, remember?"

you looked away, not really wanting to remember that time. "yeah, but i've been trying to block that part of my life out of my memory. it's the only reason i'm going through with this."

"listen, if we both try hard enough-"

"it's really not that simple," you replied.

"i never said it was," xinyu said. "but i'm willing to try if you are."

you groaned, shifting in your seat. "i am. that's why i'm doing this."

"we just won't talk about the past then," xinyu said.

"i think that'll help," you agreed.

"okay. now talk to me like we have no past. we're just friends who met recently and are getting closer."

you nodded, going along with it. "i think this will be good for us.'

"yeah, a nice little reset."