Night before King's Cross

The rest of the week went by quickly without any special occasions.

It was the night before going to school, and no sign of my father. "Cheer up" Theo teased. "She has been like this all week" Rave rolled her eyes, "She won't even tell me what's wrong" she added, seeing that I was still staring at my feet.

Vivian's Thoughts:

They all thought I was worried about my father, but I wasn't I knew he would show up tomorrow morning to go with me, he always showed just barely in time and left right after. I have thought about this again and again, and I am so scared. I wish I could be like them and just worry about going to Hogwarts and not getting sorted into the houses. I knew I would sound pathetic if I told anyone, so I wasn't gonna. "I am going to my room to make sure I packed everything", I decided out loud. Everyone nodded except Rave, when she saw me looking at her, she gave a hesitant nod, and I left.

Vivian's POV

I walked up the main stairs and turned the corner to walk through the hall leading to my room. I opened the door and plopped on the bed, then the door got knocked I rolled my eyes thinking it should be Rave. "Come in" I yelled, just lifting my head barely to see who it is, it was Kai.

I scrambled to my feet, my braids whipping my face in the process, he gave a small laugh, and I started feeling the heat coming to my face. Of course, he couldn't see it because I could change my appearance, so I just made my cheeks normal skin tone, and I was confident I looked normal.

Not to make things weird, I plopped my self on the bed into a sitting position. "Watcha", my mom and I were known for using this phrase. He gave me a soft smile, "what's wrong?", he asked. "Nothing", I lied "why?", I asked. He looked at me, squinting his eyes, almost as if reading me. I leaned away a little at the gesture. Finally, he spoke, "you're scared you're not gonna be in the same house as me?", I was almost terrified how did he guess I couldn't say anything, and just stared at him in terror but to him, I looked calm.

He then decided to break the silence, "Do you like me", he stared at his feet. This was certainly not real, how was he able to read me like an open book? My breath hitched, and I was not able to say anything, I just sat here dumb struck. Then it came to me, "What if I do", I joked, laughing. If I made it seem like I was joking, then I would be able to come out of the situation.

His eyes widened, then looked sad, he was still staring at his feet. "I-I am sorry" he said, "I think you're gorgeous, but it's just you're too young, and besides I have a girlfriend", he sighed deeply. I started laughing like a maniac, rolling over on my bed and everything, "What's so funny" he looked at me wondering. "I was joking" I said stopping my laugh, "wait, what's her name?" I asked. "Astoria-Astoria Greengrass", he stuttered. "Well, you have to introduce me once we get to Hogwarts. I just remembered I have a few more things to pack, you should go make sure you have everything packed too". He hugged me, then left.

I laid back on my bed, my heart was hurting, I could feel tears going down my face, and then a little later I fell asleep.

End of POV

IK this was short I am sorry .