Chapter 10: SURPRISE!!!

It had been a day since Sofia woke up and two days since Benna. Although Sofia could walk again, she was scheduled to be discharged the day after tomorrow. The doctors advised her to rest despite her improved mobility.
Jack seemed to be happier than ever, he opened the door towards Sofia's room, held a tray containing soup, some bread and orange juice.
Sofia was surprised to see Jack being the one bringing her breakfast.
"I thought a nurse would bring it for me." A smile on Sofia's face. She was clearly pleased.
"I told the nurse that I wanted to be the one to bring you your breakfast and medicine."
Jack replied with a wider smile.
It was quite clear how much he adored Sofia.
"I don't think any hospital would allow this but since his father owns the place, they listened to his request. I'm glad his father owns the hospital. I feel like a sick wife who's husband just bought her breakfast because he loves alot. But it's only possible in my imagination." She thought.
"Thank you."
"What for?"
"For bringing my breakfast."
For being there for me, for making me feel things I've never felt, For making me feel so loved. So many things she was thankful for but couldn't say.
Her smile, her face, her kindness, her personality so gorgeous, he thought but couldn't say.
It felt as though an invisible barrier stood between their feelings for each other.
Their relationship was clearly more than that of a teacher and a student.

How badly they both wanted to say 3 simple words to one another.

I love you.

But they couldn't.

Jack was sitting in the chair beside Sofia's bed.
"Sofia, you will be discharged tomorrow, I can't wait."
"You seem oddly happy."
"Of course he is, his mother's okay, why did I say that?" She thought.
"Of course I am, I care about you."
She blushed.
"I love seeing her blushed face so much." He thought.
"Mr. Jack, will I return to Bangladesh tomorrow?"
"Sofia, it's Mr. Sebastian, anyways it's not important, I know the doctor's said you'll be okay in two days, but I have doubts about that. I can't risk you getting ill in the middle of the flight. I can assure you, you'll be inside your house before the end of this week. Health always comes first."
"Ah, I appreciate the thought, Mr. Sebastian." She said with a smile.
"But where am I gonna stay?"
"We have a nice house here in Italy. Actually it's the house I grew up in. You can stay there. We have many rooms, you'll feel comfortable there, I can assure you. Also we can review math and play guitar together."
"Sounds nice."
"Sounds like heaven." She thought.
“Don’t wake me up if I’m dreaming,” He thought.

They chatted for hours and hours, from every topic ranging from all the ways Sharon taunted Sofia to her childhood to Jack's childhood. The topic of Jack being a normal highschool teacher came up.
"Since I was a kid, I wanted to teach people, I wanted to be a teacher. But there's a different reason too. I know I had certain expectations around me because of my family background. I wanted to do something different, to stand out. If I had become a CEO they'd think I only got the position because of my father, I didn't want to be that way. I kind of wanted to live a normal life. I know I sound awfully privileged and maybe even childish. But it's the truth."
"No, Mr. Jack, you don't sound childish at all, I know I can't understand the pressure or the expectations. But I know you genuinely care about each student. You're a great teacher."
His eyes wide, his face looking even happier,
"You'll never change, Sofia."
"Huh, what's that supposed to mean?"
"Figure it out." Jack said while putting a hand on his mouth to cover his laughter.

They spent the rest of the day and the next day staying close to each other.
Although they were spending their days in the hospital, they were clearly finding joy in each other's company.

The day had arrived for Sofia to go to the Italian mansion.

Sofia stood still In Front of the very same Rolls Royce that took them to the hospital.
"Shall we go" said Jack, clearly very excited.
Sofia felt confused, staying at a new house and a new country, even if it was for just 5 days.
"Yeah" she replied without showing any emotion.
Jack sat in the passenger seat, while she was sitting at the back. She had felt a bit disappointed that Jack didn't sit beside her. She stared outside the car window throughout the whole ride.
As she looks out the car window, the cityscape unfolds with a blend of modern dynamism and historical charm. Tall skyscrapers loom over the streets, their glass facades reflecting the sunlight and creating a mosaic of light and shadow. Between the towering buildings, historic landmarks and statues stand as reminders of the city’s rich past.