♖♔Chapter 16♖♔

"I'm guessing you've also met," Ales grumbles thinking about something

"I'm guessing you've also met," Ales grumbles thinking about something. What's his problem?

"Of course! They used to come over all the time and take me for ice cream when I was younger!" I grin. "What are they doing here? Do you know them?"

"They're my parents." He rolls his eyes and I gasp.

"You're joking," I say my jaw dropped.

"Does it look like I'm joking?"

"How can they be so funny and kind, and you turn up like...that," I ask looking back and forth between the three. Ales scoffs in return and Sandra laughs.

"You know Sofia, I ask that every day. I've never got the answer." Sandra laughs and her husband joins in. Soon the entire room is laughing except moody pants Ales.

He clearly doesn't appreciate the fact the entire room is laughing at a joke made about him. Not like I'll feel bad. Speaking of, I'm still very much upset with him for scheduling a date for us out of the blue. Which is surprisingly in three days. I am not excited at all.

"So what's so important that you had to call me all the way here for?" I sat taking the only seat available next to Ales. I move my chair a little away from him to create space between us and he rolls his eyes, we both sit on one side of the table as our parents sit opposite us. Suddenly Sandra and my Dad decide to avoid eye contact with us and focus their attention around the room. However, Giovani remains calm but hesitant as he stares at us with pleading eyes. I don't like where this is going.

"We want you two to get married." Giovani simply stated.

I stared at him speechless, Ales had his arms crossed and a deep scowl on his face. Contradicting his intentions from the other night, maybe he finally came to his senses. His eyebrows furrowed as he looked at his father with displeasure. His father looked at him with a blunt face and slightly furrowed eyebrows. At that point I noticed that they have the same features, highlighting their relationship.

"Haven't we already gone over this?" Ales says his scowl deeper than ever.

"We have but you're not seeming to do anything about it." Giovani challenges.

"I don't plan on getting married ok? Their bigger issues out there we need to deal with. Marriage is not a priority." Ales stated.

I look at my dad who looks away when he catches my gaze. Sandra seems to do the same when I look at her.

"It's deeper than that, isn't it? You three know something we don't." I conclude.

All three adults visibly look uncomfortable. My dad being the most. Whatever they know they don't want to reveal the information they have. I look expectantly at Dad and he looks down but sighs.

"Rosa..." Pauses and takes a deep breath. He lifts his head to look at me hesitantly. "Your mom, requested this marriage before she died. She always wanted you two to meet and grow up together." My dad said barely audible.