Chapter 51

By the time me and Cattleya were done finished baking the pastries, Aizawa, Shinso, Aaron and Carter were all awake, either stretching or yawning their sleepiness away.

"Good morning."

Shinso croaked out tiredly as he wrapped his arms around me in a warm embrace for a few seconds, his face filtered with a heated blush, but he didn't seem to care.

"Morning."

I replied as I backed up a little and leaned against the counter, putting on a pair of oven mittens to take out the pastries which were simmering in the oven.

The second the oven opened, the fresh, crisp smell of the pastries filled the air, rushing into our noses, making us collectively sigh.

"Those for us?"

Carter chimed, peeking over Aizawa to take a look at the deserts laid out on the oven tray. Cattleya nodded and chuckled.

"Unfortunately no, these are for my little get together with Madame Fitzgerald this evening, me and her tend to have a bit of a sweet tooth."

She remarked as she picked the pastries off the metal rack and laid them out on a cutting board, letting them cool in the chilly, morning air.

"Aww, you're an amazing baker, Cattleya. But I'm saddened you're wasting your talent like this."

Carter's voice was exaggeratingly snotty as he rolled his eyes to almost the back of his head.

"Heh, maybe I'll make you some pastries another time."

Cattleya noted as she grabbed the glasses of the bridge of her nose, and using the end of her small, black dress to wipe the steam from her lenses.

"Mind cleaning up?"

Cattleya said as she turned towards me, nodding.

"Sure..."

I was a little disappointed with the sudden chore, but I figured if I can help more, I will. I grabbed a rag from the cabinet and watered it down under the faucet until it was sopping wet, before wringing it out over the sink, causing a cascade of water to drip down into the bucket in the sink.

"Make sure to get all the flour, after a while it tends to stick to the counter, and bet my Lumin it's hard to get off."

I nodded silently as I washed the rag over the counter, watching the dust, egg residue, spilled milk and flour start to accumulate on the track of the rag, and I suddenly turned to Shinso to ask him a question.

"Hey, Shinso?"

He turned to me and nodded.

"Yeah?"

"We did buy an apartment, but will we ever actually use it?"

Shinso nodded as he put the bag of flour aside and cleaned up the rest of the ingredients.

"We will, I'm thinking we'll move in tonight, to be honest..."

He didn't finish his sentence as he stepped towards me, a snarky grin forming on his face.

"This place kinda stinks~"

He whispered in my ear, causing my cheeks to turn red and I let out a little laugh.

"I agree."

Aaron, who was standing in the doorway watching us all work raised an eyebrow.

"What are you laughing about, kid?"