CHAPTER 13: A BOND FORGED IN HEAT AND RUT

The mansion's silence was punctuated only by the soft rustling of silk sheets and the muted sounds of the world outside. Inside Vegas's bedroom, the air was thick with the combined scents of desire and desperation. The space, usually a bastion of control and authority, had transformed into a sanctuary for a different kind of battle—a battle of primal needs that could no longer be contained.

Vegas's gaze was intense as he stood at the edge of the bed, his robe hanging loosely from his shoulders. His eyes were dark with the strain of his rut cycle, his breath coming in heavy, deliberate gasps. Pete lay sprawled on the bed, his skin glowing with the flush of his heat cycle. The sheer need in his eyes was palpable, his breaths quick and shallow as he looked up at Vegas.

The room was dimly lit by flickering candles, their soft light casting shadows that danced across the walls. The scent of incense mingled with the heady aroma of their pheromones, creating an intoxicating atmosphere that heightened their senses. The temperature was warm, almost sultry, adding to the overall intensity of the night.

Vegas's hands were steady as he approached the bed, his gaze never leaving Pete. Pete's body was already trembling with anticipation, his skin slick with sweat. The heat of his cycle left him feeling both desperate and euphoric, his need for Vegas almost overwhelming. The emotional and physical transformations had only intensified their bond, making their shared moments even more profound.

"Vegas," Pete murmured, his voice hoarse from the combination of arousal and fatigue. He reached out, his fingers brushing against Vegas's chest. "I need you. I need to feel you completely."

Vegas's expression was a mixture of tenderness and raw need. "I'm here," he said, his voice low and urgent. "We'll make this night everything we both need. I promise."

Pete's eyes were filled with a mixture of longing and vulnerability. "I trust you," he whispered. "I want us to be completely connected. I need to feel all of you."

Vegas's breath hitched at Pete's words. He moved to his side cabinet, his mind a whirl of desire and practicality. He reached into the drawer, searching for a condom with a sense of urgency. The drawer was filled with various items, but Vegas's fingers trembled slightly as he fumbled through them.

Pete, watching Vegas with a mixture of desperation and determination, placed a hand on Vegas's arm. His touch was gentle but firm, grounding Vegas in the moment. "Vegas," Pete said softly, his voice trembling with emotion. "I don't want to use a condom tonight. I want us to be completely connected. Please."

Vegas's hand froze mid-motion. He turned to look at Pete, his eyes wide with surprise. "Pete... Are you sure? This is a big step, and I want to make sure you're absolutely comfortable with it."

Pete's gaze was unwavering, his eyes filled with a raw, unfiltered emotion. "I'm sure," he said, his voice steady despite the tremor of need. "I want to feel you completely, to be with you in every way possible. I trust you, Vegas. I trust us."

Vegas's expression softened, a mixture of love and concern etched on his face. He placed the condom back in the drawer and closed it, turning his full attention back to Pete. "Alright," he said softly, his voice filled with both tenderness and resolve. "If you're sure, then we'll do this your way. I'll be as careful as I can. I don't want to hurt you in any way."

Pete's eyes shimmered with gratitude and affection. "I know you'd never hurt me," he whispered. "I trust you completely."

Vegas moved back to the bed, his touch tender yet urgent. He leaned down, capturing Pete's lips in a searing kiss. The kiss was a mingling of their desires, a dance of tongues and lips that conveyed their mutual need. Vegas's hands roamed over Pete's body, exploring every curve and contour with a blend of rough urgency and tender affection.