Monaco, November 28th

Not me googling how much bengals cost - @TotallyNotJess🔒

@TotallyNotJess🔒 I SWEAR TO GOD - @NotNotLiamLawson🔒

MONACO

NOVEMBER 28TH

I stretch out, back to the cold yoga mat, as the sun glares out from the horizon. I should have been up a lot earlier, but the warmth of Max's arms and the nagging pain in my neck kept me in bed for an extra hour.

Reaching out to my right, I pick up my phone. Claire has sent me a new list of exercises I need to start working on, to help ensure I still have full mobility in my shoulder now that I'm allowed to use my arm again. The PDF she's sent has a whole list of them, step-by-step, with illustrations in a blue hue.

I read through them, one by one, and nod to myself. The first few seem easy. I begin to work on completing them, quietly stretching the aching, unhappy muscles as I go. One of the exercises is almost laughably basic - I need to stay as I am, flat on my back, and slowly bring my arms above the top of my head - whilst keeping my arms down. As if I'm stretching in bed.

I don't laugh when a tinge of pain shoots down my arm as I move too fast. Instead, I'm eating my fucking thoughts. Shit, that hurt.

Thankfully, I hear my phone pinging, distracting me from the pain that has me clutching my shoulder.

Liam the Loser (Liam);
HOW DARE YOU
I wanted to meet up for
dinner :(

A huff of a chuckle escapes me as I realise that's why Liam was angry on his private Twitter earlier. It's his own fault, he should've messaged me sooner about meeting up. Hell, he could've said something before the end of the season, it's not like people didn't see the photo of Max and me at the airport.

Jess the Loser (Me);
Could always fly out here?

Liam the Loser (Liam);
And be a third wheel to
you two?
Big fat pass, thanks

Liam the Loser (Liam);
But at the same time I
am a lil nosy about what
you two are up to.
Totally not because I
'm
bored, and lonely and single.

Jess the Loser (Me);
Hang out with James?
Poor dude is single too
Go drinking with him?

Liam the Loser (Liam);
He's too busy pining after Logan

I stare at my phone, baffled. Not by the idea of James pining after a guy - he's dated guys before - but after Logan... And then it clicks.

Logan playing peacemaker. James trying to talk Logan up, saying he deserved a better team— the group trip. Logan was happy, and more outgoing than I'd seen him be. James encouraged it. God, I'm so fucking dense.

I abandon my conversation with Liam to call James.

"What—" Is all a clearly tired James can answer with before I interrupt.

"So, Logan, right?" The groan I hear is confirmation. "Want some help?"

"Like Daniel helped you?" He scoffs. "Fuck off."

"Aw, come on, Logan and I are friends. I can do a little spying for you." Like he did when Ryan rebounded onto some absolute opposite of me. Poor woman, I hope she didn't stay with him for long. "Want me to find out his favourite—"