-8 unexpected visit

He's out his head, I'm out my mind
We got that love, the crazy kind
I am his, and he is mine
In the end, it's him and I

I bolted out of that gothic mansion as fast as I could. The place was seriously messing with my head, bringing back all sorts of traumatic memories.

Imagine growing up in a house where your parents don't even notice if you're breathing.

Just when you think nothing in this world matters, a girl named Amaya walks into your life, but she's nothing more than an illusion.

I've been off the grid for the last two years, trapped in the hell I built for myself.

The thought that I've done nothing but ruin myself makes me believe that even if I want Amaya, I can't have her.

She cheated, but I still want her.

Now, I'm driving to California, not for the oranges, but to continue my shady business.

Life's a twisted mess.

One moment, you're someone, and the next, you're a stranger to yourself.

I'm done with this cat and mouse game. I'm just a pawn, and I don't want to play anymore.

My thoughts were abruptly interrupted by the ringing of my phone. The caller ID flashed the name of the woman I never wanted to see again.

If I react, my loved ones could be in danger. I answered, "Yeah?"

"How's my handsome doing?" she purred in her sickeningly sweet tone.

I rolled my eyes. "What now?" I asked, trying to keep my voice steady.

"My dear, have you forgotten your manners after just two days of not seeing me? I don't want to remind you, but you know what happens if I do, right?"

"Why did you call?"

"What do you mean? I own you, don't you know that, sweetheart?"

"True now?"

"Come home and show me stars. I'm waiting."