1B: For Whose Sake? Condemned by Another!

-WHILE ONE HAS A STRANGE AWAKENING, ANOTHER HAS AN UNUSUAL MORNING-

Morning.

Birds chirp their morning tunes in their treetop homes, the sun peaking its head out to signal another day in Japan.

Skys of blue and orange hues are contrasted by the puffy white clouds floating above the campus.

A beautiful morning indeed.

---

*TICK*

I sat in the back of the empty classroom, sipping from my juice carton slowly.

Currently, I'm looking out the window at a group of three guys beating another student to a pulp. The sight of blood spewing from his nose is enough to make me sick.

'Not yet.'

*TICK*

I looked over at the clock on the wall. Just three more seconds.

My attention then turned to what was in front of me. A half-eaten mackerel lunch kit and a stack of reports I filled out for the Disciplinary Committee. I can't even enjoy my lunch without something happening.

*TICK*

My thoughts shift to said Committee. The fact that no other club member has stopped this mess is worse than the fact that there are currently multiple teeth missing from this poor guy's mouth. Guess I shouldn't be surprised, it's those same committee members that stuck me with these reports last minute yesterday.

As I finish my juice, I crush the cardboard container in my hand, before picking up my mess and throwing the trash into the bin. I'll take the bag out later.

*TICK*

Right on time.

---

"Hey,"

My voice rang out across the empty football field. The three goons turned to me, hair slicked back with oil and styled into goofy puffs (the "Pompadour" hairstyle). Their school-issued uniforms were not worn properly at all, with open and torn-up blazers and undershirts that weren't in the dress code. Their victim lay on the ground, confused as he looked up at me with tears in his eyes and blood running down his nose.

"Eh?" One spoke up, a taller man in a green open blazer. "Who tha hell 're you?"

I sighed, closing my eyes as I spoke, "Don't make this harder than it has to be, just stop beating that kid already."

They all snorted at once, like a group of pigs squealing in unison at the sight of grain. The shrill made me cringe.

The portly one spoke up, "Hey! I know 'em! He's that one guy with the stick up his ass about rules!"

The taller man chuckled, "That so, eh? What, gonna tell us to go to class or somethin'? Well, I got some news for ya. That demon chick ain't here again today! We thought it wuz some kinda miracle yestaday, but now that she's been two days in a row, we've got some catching up to do!"

The third man chimed in after them, his high-pitched voice matched his babyface.

"Yeah! That bitch was the only reason we ain't been out, but now that she's been gone, we get to do whatever we want! And of course..."

He turned to the underclassman on the floor, before stomping on the side of his head, causing the victim to cry out.

"That includes making this nobody our bitch! Thinking he's a hot-shot cuz he comes from a high-class neighborhood or something! Ha!"