Part 13~Riots

Jiro let out a relieved sigh as she spotted her parents walking inside the UA grounds. "Kyoka!"

"Mum! Dad!" Jiro rushed over, hugging them tightly. "I'm so glad you're safe."

"Of course we are." Jiro's dad hugged her tighter before they broke apart. "Now, how about you show us around?"

~~~

Charlie tapped her foot on the ground as Yaoyorozu looked at her. "What's wrong?"

"Kyoka hasn't returned."

"She's with her family."

"What if she's not?" Charlie frowned, and Yaoyorozu pulled her into the couch.

"Take a breath, she'll be here soon."

Yaoyorozu rubbed Charlie's shoulder as she leaned against Yaoyorozu's side. "Fine. How are your parents?"

Yaoyorozu lit up, showing off the latest video her parents had given her. Jiro smiled as she walked in, running over to Charlie and Yaoyorzu's place. "Hello!"

"Kyoka!" Charlie jumped up, pulling Jiro into a hug as she laughed.

"Hello, Charlie. Mum, Dad, this is Charlie and Momo. Charlie, Momo, these are my parents."

Charlie waved excitedly as Yaoyorozu bowed. "Hello, Mrs and Mr Jiro. It's a pleasure to meet you."

The two adults smiled, bowing back. "It's a pleasure to meet you, too. Our Kyoka has told us much about you both."

"Really?" Charlie grinned as Kyoka blushed.

"I'm going to get the tea."

Charlie laughed, a bright grin on her face as she struck up a conversation with Jiro's parents.

~~~

"I don't know, Kyoka. It's still not safe," Jiro's mum whispered as Jiro looked down.

"It'll only be a day, and it's important. If we have our licences, we can help. We can stop the riots."

"But you're only a first year," Jiro's dad stated as Jiro sighed.

"I know, but we want to live our lives in peace, and that'll only happen if we start doing something now. We'll have hero escorts."

"As if that'll protect you when the top heroes got taken out."

Jiro lowered her head. She knew her parents were right, but she wanted to help anyway.

~~~

Jiro stood in her room, packing her hero costume before she hesitated, slipping the brass knuckles into her pockets.

She left, finding what was left of the class waiting for her by the door. Charlie waved her over as they listened to the safety lecture Aizawa was giving them.

There was something about not leaving the vehicle, staying together and not wandering off plus a huge lecture on what to do if a villain attacks.

They slowly got onto the bus, taking off from the city. None of the students, other than Charlie, had seen the devastation first hand. Most of the cities were destroyed, ruble filling the streets. Civilians glared at them as Yaoyorozu sat back.

"Why are they so hostile?"

"Because of UA's tight rules, a lot of people aren't able to get into UA, and many more have given up trying. It's caused a lot of tension between UA and the public," Charlie explained as Jiro looked at her.

"I'm surprised you know that," she commented as Charlie smiled.

"Izuku's been keeping me updated. He's had to go to a different hero school just to stay safe."

"But isn't UA the safest," Momo questioned as Charlie shrugged.

"It's up there, but there are others that match UA and don't have a 5-month waiting list. People are desperate."

Charlie jumped as a rock crashed into the window, cracking it. People were screaming and cursing them out, but Aizawa and the other heroes didn't respond; they were simply driving on.

Mina shook, keeping her head down as she breathed harshly.

"Mina," Hagakure questioned softly as Mina jumped, shaking her head.

"Why does this all keep happening?"

Hagakure pulled Mina into a tight hug as they drove on forward.

~~~

The students arrived at the testing location and were immediately escorted away to be processed. Each was put in a separate room and put through a long test to check they weren't here to do any harm before being let into a big room with the others.

Everyone stared at them as Charlie ignored it, pulling Yaoyorozu and Jiro to the side. "Guess these students also don't like UA."

Jiro and Yaoyorozu smiled sadly as they listened to the instructions. Basically, they needed to hit the targets on the other students while avoid getting hit themselves. So essentially a complicated snowball fight.

The second they were allowed to run off, UA made its way to the mountain.

"I'm going to work alone. My Quirk doesn't work well with others," Todoroki announced, running off before anyone could comment. Charlie frowned, getting a sense there was something she hadn't been told.

The rest of the limited class stayed together, barely making it to the mountains when the test began, and the other students jumped out. Charlie reacted first, creating a barrier to protect herself, Yaoyorozu and Jiro.

Mina spewed out acid, melting the balls about to hit her and Tsu while Ojiro and Kirishima hit away the balls. Kaminari, Sero and Hagakure were all on dodging the balls while Shoji and Tokoyami took advantage of their Quirks to keep the balls away,

"Alright, time to show these kids that 1A hasn't given up." Charlie glanced at Jiro as she nodded, plugging her earphone jacks into her gloves and punching them into the floor, breaking up the ground and shaking the mountain.

Charlie multiplied the balls, shooting them in hundreds of different directions and hitting the students either in the target or in the gut, which was a total accident.

Tsu and Tokoyami took advantage of the onslaught, using their agility and Quirks to land their required hits before getting out of the way.

Yaoyorozu glanced at Charlie, calling out her name. "Do you remember Mineta?"

Charlie gave Yaoyorozu a weird look. "Yes?"

"Can you use his Quirk?"

Charlie smirked, lifting her hand and pulling a silver ball out of her head. In a few minutes- and with some assistance from Sero, the students were trapped.

"That wasn't so bad," Charlie announced as Kaminari screamed.

"You're bleeding!"

Charlie frowned, lifting her hand and touching the blood. "Oh." She promptly fell forward as Yaoyorozu rushed over to catch her.