Chapter 8 - What's Going on

What could be the reason Lookkaew acted like that? This doesn't seem like her, she is usually a very responsible person. Although Anda has not known her for long, she at least knows that about her because of all the observations.

Anda- I need to find out what's going on!

To know what is happening in the ally, one day Anda leaves work early, the suspect should still be there. She goes to the cafe nearby and orders a coffee. Her seat is perfect because the ally is right across the road. What's more, is that the windows the cafe uses are those that customers can see through outside, but not the other way round.

Someone is coming out from the ally, Anda saw it, but who's that? She looks closely, and she remembers.

~Flashback~

Student 1- He drank before the competition, that's what people are saying.

Student 2- No way! Why would he do that? He didn't want to win?

~Present~

Anda- Yes! I remember! This is Chalerm. Is he the culprit? I bet it is.

Just when Anda has confirmed the culprit of this case, another figure comes out from the ally as well.

Anda- Look... Lookkaew?!

Anda is surprised by Lookkaew's appearance, she almost spits coffee out of her mouth.

Chalerm is holding a plastic bag in one hand and supporting Lookkaew in another hand.

Anda- Oyyyyy~ No wonder Lookkaew wanted the case to close as soon as possible, it is for Chalerm, right? I told her not to get too close to Chalerm, why doesn't she listen... What's their relationship anyway? Are they dating? Whatever haha, I just need to focus on my job.

~Later~

Atom- What's with you today? You're always so happy and smiling to the point that your cheek bursts.

Anda tells Atom what happened, she wants to get advice from her colleague, aka her friend.

Atom- Lookkaew again? Why do you care so much about her? I know it's the teachers' responsibility to have concern for their students, but you are just caring way too much for that ONE student. I teach her too, I know she's a good student, but still... 

Not caring much about what Atom just said, Anda continues to ponder on the subject.

Anda- I was thinking that Chalerm from Aurora High School might be the culprit, but the more I think of it, isn't that also possible for Lookkaew to be the one who did that? Come to think of it, she was kinda stumbling around at that time.

Atom is not really that happy to know that her crush always cares for that someone, she knows Lookkaew is just their student, but she just doesn't feel good about it.

Their conversation ends right about there, and Atom is ready to go home. Once she opens the door, Mer is passing by coincidently, she gently grabs Mer to the side near the stairs.

Mer- Oh! Ms. Aphi-

Atom- You didn't tell anyone, did you?

Mer- Uh... No! You don't need to worry. I will keep my promise.

Atom- Good! Thank you na!

Not sure if Mer is weak or not, her heart can't take it already when Atom only grabs her by her hand. This is like a repeating cycle of Mer, hearts pounding. She knows she wants the woman in front of her, she knows it, but she can't since it's her teacher.

Atom- Oh, by the way, don't forget about the History assignment that needs to be submitted this Friday, during the lesson. And, if there's anything you don't understand, feel free to ask me anytime.

With a red cheek, Mer answers "Okay..." to Atom. But before taking out her hand from the grip, she slightly locks Atom's fingers and then slowly releases.

Of course, it's not hard for Atom to notice such an intentional thing, in this situation, she can only give out a nervous laugh, she is a bit confused about this.

Mer- Then, I'll be going now.

Atom- Okay, have a good evening! Oh, wait! It's late now, maybe I should send you home? 

Mer- It's alright ka!

Atom- Now you know my secret, I cannot let you off so easily.

Mer- I will not tell anyone. Really! I'm not lying!

Atom- I don't care, I'm sending you home tonight. At least let me pretend a good teacher.

Mer- Um... okay.

Atom- Go pack your bag, I'll go get the car, wait for me outside at the school entrance.

Atom is still in her usual sublime beauty look at school, but her speaking tone is what she's like after school, this makes Mer amazed at how a person can have different forms at the same time.

Mer doesn't want her teacher to wait long, so she hurries back to the classroom to pack her bag. Checking one last time that nothing is left behind, she dashes to the entrance. But this scene is being seen by Atom.

Atom chuckles- You run? Why do you need to do that?

Mer is shy again, she tells her that she didn't want her to wait.

Atom- Anyway, get in the car!