‡ Chapter 3 ‡

The three of us made our separate ways. I live in an apartment, while the boys live in a townhouse. Their place is a little far from where i live but at least we made it home safely. Usually, creepy stuff happens at night. A time for outsiders of our school to make their move.

As i walk to the entrance, children were chasing each other and playing games. The adults were playing board games or dancing gleefully. Probably drunk, i guess. The clothes that were hanging on the ropes didn't smell good. They were slowly creating an unpleasant smell, causing the air to feel hard and hot mixing with the scent. But i was already used to this place. These things are nothing to me.

Out of the blue, two kids named Tommy and Kitkat were playing infront of me with sword sticks. They happened to be neighbors of mine and are also twins. "Give back my treasure, Pirate Tommy!"  Kitkat said, her voice mimicking like a pirate. "Never! The treasure is mine, Pirate Kitkat!"  Tommy replied, doing the same thing as his sister does.

Just then, Mrs. Pruett their mother was on their front door. She eyed them annoyingly with hands on her hips. "You two! Tommy! Kitkat! Get inside! The time for playing is over! It's already nighttime!"  she yelled. But the kids didn't seem to budge and continue their playing.

She bursted.  "Tommy!! Kitkat!! I said playtime is over!"  Her face seemed to turn as red as a tomato. Mrs Pruett is sure so short-tempered. Kitkat turned to her. "Oh dear! It's the witch! She's coming to get our treasure!!" She screamed, pointing to her mother 'witch'.

Then the twins started to freak out and running around like they've seen a ghost. And i almost burst out of laughter.

She seemed more angry. Mrs Pruett was about to go near the children, when i stopped her.

"Winter? What are you doing?"  She was irritated. "Let me handle this, Mrs Pruett. Don't worry"  i assured her.

I took a stick from my side, went near them and did what i need to do. "Attention, little pirates! It is I, the Magical Warner! I am here to tell you that the witch has your beloved treasure!"

"What?!? The witch has the treasure?!" The twins exclaimed. "Winter!!"  Mrs Pruett yelled at me. I guess she got mad because i called her a 'witch'.

"Mrs Pruett, just please go with the flow. You'll see what i mean."  I gave her a wink. Her eyes showed signs of molesty and were fixed to mine.

But she closes them and sighed. "Yes, children! That is true! I have the treasure with me and you'll never get it!!"  She cackled. Wow. She's a good actress.

I nodded. "True. You will never get yoir treasure, unless you do what she wants!"  Their eyes sparkled, showing signs of curiosity. "And what does she wants, Magical Warner?" Kitkat asked.

Mrs Pruett got worried. "What should i tell them, Winter?"

I smiled. She seems to understand what i meant, so she cleared her throat before speaking. "You will only get the treasure, if you get in our house and eat dinner with me."

"Yes, mother!!"  The twins gleefully agreed and went inside their home. Then Mrs Pruett faced me with a beautiful smile. By the looks of her eyes, they showed signs of kindness and gratitude. "Thank you, Winter."

"Anytime, Mrs Pruett!"  I answered, waving my hand at her and left. She is actually kind, but is only short-tempered. She also happens to be the best friend of my mother.