Chapter 3

CHAPTER 3

DECALACHESTER MANSION

Marco’s room.

“Why…why…why did you have to kiss her? Have you forgotten who she is and what she wants?” Marco thought to himself. He became furious and annoyed simultaneously but was also amazed at how sweet and soft her lips tasted.

The following days were a bit hectic. Marco was ignoring Hazel every single time and Hazel was investigating the guy behind the whole incident that’s been occurring and also investigating Marco’s identity secretly without anyone’s knowledge.

Days turned to weeks and Hazel had not gotten anything.

#no clue

Until…

Next day…

Afternoon

Hazel thought that since Leo was Marco’s bodyguard, he would have a picture or documents of Marco. She secretly went to Leo’s room. She began searching everywhere to find any clues or something that could lead her to Marco. Going to and fro but still not getting anything until she heard footsteps approaching.

She hid under Marco’s bed. Nicholas and Marco entered the room.

“Why have you been avoiding Hazel of late.” Nicholas asked when they entered the room.

“Nothing…don’t worry.” Marco said ignoring Nicholas.

“Hey, you better tell me now.” Nicholas demanded.

Don’t talk to me in that tone. Got that” Marco said annoyed.

“Fine, I’m leaving.” Nicholas said heading towards the door.

“Argh! I’m so confused right now. I don’t know what to do.” Marco said to Nicholas as he stopped in his tracks. Marco narrated everything that happened to Nicholas.

“You did what?” exclaimed Nicholas. He was amazed at what he heard.

“Hey…hey don’t come and lecture me on the have you forgotten I’m Marco and not Leo and that I’ve been deceiving Hazel. I know what’s going on but I can’t help lying to myself that I’m falling in love with her.” Marco said running his hand through his hair frustrated. Hazel had heard everything.

“No…no…no This can’t be true. Leo is Marco?” she muttered under her breath shattered.

“And to think I was falling for him.” She said heartbroken.

“Relax okay… let me ask you a question though. Do you love her?” Nicholas asked.

“Of course I do but you know we can never be together. You already know the reason.” Marco said in a sad tone. Nicholas noticed something moving under the bed.

“Oh shit… it’s Hazel” Nicholas said under his breath.

“Ermm… Marco, I think you should clear your head with everything that’s going on.” He said to Marco leading him to the door.

“Yeah… you’re right.” Marco said headed towards the door.

Marco left.

Nicholas helped Marco from under the bed.

“Leave me alone!” Hazel said frustrated.

“How could you guys do this to me? After everything. How could you keep such a big secret from me.” Hazel said as tears began rolling down her face.

“Please don’t expect me to wipe those tears off your face. You are a goddamn detective so act like one.” Nicholas said annoyed.

“Wait how did you know about my work?” Hazel said wiping the tears off her face.