CHAPTER 72

Author pov

Author pov

The entire palace was gripped with tension.  Y/n had escaped, and Prince Doyun was found unconscious by Ulsan soldiers.

Soldiers rushed through the halls, their faces pale with fear, while soldiers exchanged nervous glances. The news had already reached the king, but what truly shocked the court was the sight of Prince Doyun, found unconscious by the Ulsan soldiers, sprawled lifelessly on the cold stone floor.

The king stormed into the grand hall, his eyes blazing with fury.

"HOW—HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?!" he roared, slamming his fist onto the armrest of his throne, making every soldier present flinch in fear

"HOW—HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?!" he roared, slamming his fist onto the armrest of his throne, making every soldier present flinch in fear. His eyes were wild with anger, demanding answers, but no one dared to speak.

Meanwhile, Prince Doyun was under the care of the royal doctors, who were trying hard to wake him up. He still hadn’t woken up, even though the doctors were doing everything they could.

"WHERE WERE YOU ALL WHEN SHE ESCAPED?!" the King roared again, his face flushed with anger. He stood from his throne, his fists clenched tightly at his sides.

"How could you let this happen under your watch?!" Soldier's heads hung low, eyes glued to the floor, too afraid to meet the King's furious gaze.

"Answer me!" he demanded.

The Queen, seated beside him, glanced over with a worried expression, her fingers gripping the armrest tightly. "My lord, please calm down," she said softly.

"We must focus on finding out what happened to Doyun."

"I know," The King stopped pacing and turned to look at her and said.

"But Y/n—how did she slip past the guards? How did this happen under our watch?!"

"Your Majesty, we’re doing everything we can to track her down. We won’t rest until she’s captured," one of the soldiers finally uttered. The King glared at them with a dangerous gaze and sighed.

"Tell all the royals to come here immediately, including Prince Taehyung," he commanded one of the soldiers. The soldier bowed before the King walked out of the hall.