9

Kelly | Los Angeles, California

Waking up to my toddler's foot in my side and the ringing from my phone was not how I imagined my day beginning. I blindly reached for my phone and grabbed it. Groggily opening my eyes, I saw the notification from my ring camera that someone had came in my house. I didn't even bother checking who came in because I can hear the loudness of my little sister causing a ruckus.

I decided to get up now since I don't need them waking up Mea. I'm pretty sure she stayed up late with that instrumental. Her work ethic kind of reminded me of Beyoncé at her age because of how she couldn't just let the project go. I'm certain she stayed up until maybe two in the morning.

Sighing, I threw the comforter off of me and adjusted Titan so that he was more comfortable before getting up and sliding on my sleeping shorts before sliding in my slides and quietly making my way out of the room.

I walked down the hallway to quickly check on Mea, just to see if she was awake or not. The closer I got to her room, the more I could hear her talking on the phone.

"It's the weekend, Donny, what else are you gonna do besides sitting in your boxers and playing madden all day?" She said and I heard another feminine laugh blare through. "Don't be laughing Kat before I go down there and set fire to Harley's ass!" Donny, I assumed yelled. "Leave Harley alone D or imma catch a flight down there and we fighting" Mea said.

I decided I was ease dropping enough and knocked on the door.

"Hold on" she said to whoever she was talking to. "Come in" she said. I pushed the door open and leaned against the wall, "morning" I told her. "Morning Kelly" she told me. "Angie and the others are downstairs, I'm pretty sure you heard they loud selfs" I told her and she chuckled, "I did" she told me. "Well, I'm going to go down there and service them, you wanna come?" I asked her. "Yeah, I'll come down in a second" she told me and I nodded.

I shut her door back and made my way down the steps to see my sisters, cousin, mama, nieces, and nephew all in my living room.

"There she goooo" Solange loud ass yelled when I came into view. "Solange, if you wake up my kid imma stick my foot in you behind" I told her as I moved to go sit by mama. "How was Mea's first night?" Angie asks me. I hummed, "you gotta ask her, do I look like I read minds?" I asked her jokingly causing mama to pinch me for being sarcastic.

"Mommy said Mea is really pretty" Blue said as she came to sit on my lap. "She is Blue bear, and she's tall" I told the young girl. At that moment, I could hear footsteps coming down and turned my head to see the girl of the hour coming down.

"Morning boo" Angie told the girl who immediately came smiled and walked into her open arms. "I will never understand how Angie is this close to a kid, let alone a teenager. All she does is fight with Blue 24/7" Solange said causing Angie to smack her lips and Mea to chuckle.

Mea sat up from her spot on Angie and sat beside her.

"Morning Mrs. Carter and Solange" she greeted my sisters warmly. "BB is just fine Mea, and good morning. I hope your first night with Kelly wasn't too bad" she joked and I rolled my eyes playfully.
"No, it was actually great. I still have to get used to the time difference but it was good" she told us.

I realized I didn't introduce my mother who was literally sitting next to me and side hugged her.

"This is my mama Tina, Mea. I forgot she was sitting here so my bad mama" I told her and she smacked her teeth. "It's a pleasure to meet you Mea. When my girls told me that Shawn was flying out a sixteen year old producer and Kelly was housing her, I needed to see what made her so amazing" Mama told her.

I watched as her hands fiddled with the drawstrings of the shorts she was wearing nervously. Mama was sort of observing her strong as hell so I could feel her anxiety from the other side of the room. I was about to say something to try and make her feel better but someone beat me to it.

"Hi!" Blue said enthusiastically jumping off my lap and running to the girl. "Hi" Mea said, smiling softly. "I'm Blue and those over there are my baby siblings Rumi and Sir. You're really pretty" Blue rambled. Mea chuckled, "thank you Blue, you're pretty too" she told the young girl who giggled.

"Mamaaaa" I heard my child yell. I sighed, "there is mine" I said getting up. "Titan stop all that yelling and get down here" I yelled back. He came down the steps, walking too because he knew I would tear his ass up. "It's too early for you to be yelling baby" I told him as I picked him up and walked further into the living room again.

When he saw Bey sitting on the couch, he began wiggling in my hands. I sat him down and he ran straight for her.

"Auntie Bey!" He said when she took him and kissed him all over. Solange smacked her lips as she bounced the twins in her lap, "you don't see me baby T?" She asked him. "Hi Auntie Solo" he said, snuggling more into Bey who laughed.

"Morning Titan" Mea greeted the boy. "Morning Mea" he told her. "What do you plan on doing today little Mea?" Angie asked her. "Um, not much really. Kat, Donny, and I plan on having a movie night later on but during today, nothing really" she told her. "How are those fools?" She asked the girl who chuckled. "Good, Kat is starting to teach classes and Donny is getting ahead in his fashion project" she told her.

It was nice to see that she was comfortable with at least someone in my family. I knew it was going to be difficult taking care of a teenager that I still didn't know much about. Like, why was she in a foster home if her parents aren't in any serious predicament? They aren't addicts and they aren't locked up so why is she there? And what trouble was she in that she needed to be flew out so early?

It was honestly so many questions I had but I needed to be patient and hope that maybe she'll open up to me to allow me to ask these kind of questions.

Hopefully.

____________
Hi lovelies 🫶🏾.
I've been asked to write another chapter. Well, maybe demanded but whatever. Mea is starting to get to know the family just so we can get some more insight before we get into the personal details.
I hope you all enjoy this 🙂‍↕️.
Enjoy n comment n all that 🤸🏾‍♀️.