Chapter XXXIV: A Lasting Scar: Aiko Vs. Milo Part III

The dancing illusions fill the brains of those still able to breathe. Aiko's eyes looked down at the raging adapting captain. Milo arose from ashes. A murderous intent painted his face. 

"Awaken and come forth Kurokami" In a blink, Milo's hair started to become pitch black with hints of purple hidden deep within. His purple eye became crimson. Rageful dragon wings exploded from his back. Picking up his Katana's Milo once again pointed at the giant mountain just waiting to be climbed. "Aiko Hart. Ever since we have met you have been at the top. No more will that be the case. You wanted to see how strong I've become? Let me show you the original strength of the sin of wrath."

"Oh how fucking delightful...BRING IT HONEYBEAR SHOW ME THE STRENGTH YOU UNLOCKED FROM ADAPTING TO PATIENCE!" 

"Sub-Zero" The arena suddenly became frozen. The illusion Aiko had up froze and shattered. It had the impact of Absolute Zero, without the cons. It was Milo's own domain. This was Milo's battlefield. A place where mana wasn't wanted. 

"Hm? My mana is switching off?! And Anti-Mata isn't cancelling out this skill? What's your move now then?!" Aiko quietly analysed Milo's movements. Suddenly in a flash, Milo appeared in front of Aiko, his body reconstructing, as his aura became a frozen explosion. 

"Oh? Still standing?" Milo grinned. Aiko fell slightly with a mana-rich smile. 

"What was that? A tap? You froze my mana, how cute. 87% Purgatory Noir" A Black flash of pure mana blasted through the arena, destroying Milo or so Aiko thought. 

"Erase" Using the common skill, Erase, Milo completely removed a Purgatory attack. The purgatory skill tree is Aiko's strongest weapon. These skills are formed of pure mana and can destroy anything, not even anti-magic should be able to stop it. Aiko's Purgatory was also the very skill that scared Milo.

"Erase?! You are shitting me?! A Worthless common skill?!"

"Erase may be a common skill, but paired with an immortal like me then it's a perfect match. Erase grants you the ability to erase something in return for your life force or something you decide to trade in. My life is endless meaning erasing anything is possible, but against purgatory erasing wouldn't be enough. Anti-magic grants me the ability to manipulate the anti-mana in the air so I combined the anti-mana hovering over you and then removed my whole body to erase purgatory, but to combat the time it would take to regenerate I decided to slice off a finger so the second erase was activated I could reconstruct myself from that finger. Normally this common skill is a double-edged sword, but for me, it's the perfect counter for you. A mere common skill, something you can't even fathom being the reason you lose? Now that is my ideal way of winning. So what will break first? You or me? My common skill vs your awakened unique skill? The weakest skill vs the strongest skill?"

"This is the Milo Gonzalez I know...taking a mere common and using it against me? Now I can't wait to defeat you. Purgatory Noir 100%"

"Erase"

"Purgatory Crimson 100%"

"Erase"

"Purgatory  Purple 100%"

Aiko continued to throw all of her purgatory skills at Milo, but the ice emperor continued to erase them using the Erase skill. Aiko was stunned. A common skill should be nothing compared to an awakened unique skill. Milo was among the few people who saw common skills' usefulness. His arsenal is ever expanding at a rapid rate, but there is one thing which he is better at Aiko. His skills. He had the IQ and the adaptability to use common skills to his advantage rapidly. Milo has always used common skills against the strong. But why? Why use weak common skills? The answer is simple. He enjoys absolutely destroying the strong with the weakest skills.