Chapter 11: The Breaking Point

Phuwin spent the day in a state of tense anticipation, every nerve on edge as he waited for the plan to unfold. Nop's message had been brief, but the implication was clear: today was the day they would take the first step toward bringing down Pond. Phuwin had no idea what Nop had planned, but he trusted that whatever it was, it would be the beginning of the end of Pond's reign of terror.

The hours dragged by, each one filled with a mixture of fear and hope. Phuwin attended his classes, interacted with his peers, and kept up the facade he had perfected over the past months. But beneath the surface, his mind was racing, thoughts swirling as he tried to anticipate what would happen next.

Finally, as the afternoon sun began to dip below the horizon, Phuwin received the signal he had been waiting for. A message from Nop: "Meet me at Pond's place. 7 PM. Don't be late."

Phuwin's heart pounded in his chest as he read the message. The time had come. Whatever Nop had planned, it was happening now, and Phuwin had to be ready. He took a deep breath, steeling himself for what lay ahead. There was no turning back now.

The walk to Pond's apartment felt like the longest of Phuwin's life. Every step was heavy with the knowledge of what he was about to do, of the risks he was taking. But there was also a sense of grim determination that propelled him forward. This was his chance to reclaim his life, to break free from the chains that Pond had wrapped around him.

When Phuwin arrived at Pond's building, the doorman nodded at him as usual, oblivious to the tension that gripped Phuwin. He rode the elevator to Pond's floor, his hands clenched into fists as he tried to steady his breathing. The closer he got to Pond's door, the more real the situation became. He was about to step into the lion's den, and there was no guarantee he would come out unscathed.

The door to Pond's apartment was slightly ajar when Phuwin arrived, a clear sign that Nop was already inside. Phuwin hesitated for a moment, gathering his courage, before pushing the door open and stepping into the dimly lit space.

Pond was lounging on the couch, a glass of whiskey in hand, looking as smug and self-assured as ever. Nop was standing off to the side, his expression unreadable as he glanced at Phuwin. The tension in the room was palpable, the air thick with unspoken words.

"You're late," Pond said, his voice laced with the usual condescension.

Phuwin ignored the remark, his eyes flicking to Nop as he waited for some kind of signal, some indication of what was about to happen.

Nop stepped forward, his gaze steady as he looked at Pond. "We need to talk, Pond."

Pond raised an eyebrow, clearly amused. "Talk? About what? If this is about last time, Nop, I think Phuwin can tell you that he enjoyed himself just fine."

Phuwin felt a surge of anger at Pond's words, but he forced himself to stay calm. This wasn't the time to lose control.

Nop shook his head, his expression hardening. "This isn't about that. It's about what you've been doing. To Phuwin. To others."

Pond's smile faded slightly, a flicker of something dangerous passing through his eyes. "What are you talking about, Nop?"

Nop took a deep breath, his voice steady as he spoke. "I know what you've been doing, Pond. I know how you've been manipulating and abusing people, using your money and power to control them. It's gone too far, and it needs to stop."

For a moment, there was silence, the words hanging in the air like a challenge. Then Pond laughed, a harsh, mocking sound that sent a chill down Phuwin's spine.

"Are you serious?" Pond said, his tone incredulous. "You think you can take me down? You think you can stop me? You're just as much a part of this as I am, Nop. You think anyone will believe you?"