★ Chapter One - Possibilities ★

No one's POV:

As the night faded away into a previous memory, the 'last' was used to describe the night before. Although Tomioka Giyu did wish it was his last.

He awoke with a loud yawn that was projected throughout his room. But as soon as he woke up, so did the pain.

Pain came in many different forms. Small or large, internal or external. Visible or hidden. It varies in what it's able to do, but along with death, it could be feared.

Tomioka felt a ringing headache, a small but powerful buzz going through his mind.

If he were alone, he would have yelled 'Fuck this shit.' and stayed in bed but because cameras happened to make their way into his room after last years incident, that's simply a regrettable option.

Any small thing that seemed unethical to his parents would be returned with a brutal beating.

So instead of the above, he simply placed his hand on his head, feeling the intense heat radiating off of him, and sucked it up.

Giyu silently claimed out of bed, trying not to rub his eyes knowing that would only add to the pain. So he used his finger tips to gently brush off any eye snot that could have collected overnight.

He usually woke up two hours before school, which meant he had plenty of time beforehand to do whatever he pleases. Once he gets out of the house.

(Apparently that's not normal?)

So he stood up and collected his uniform from his wardrobe, walking over to his bathroom, the only room that didn't have cameras in it, the only place he could have even five seconds of privacy in the house he's expected to call home.

Once Giyu shut the door behind him, he felt a wave of happiness come over him as he felt their eyes stop staring at him, he wasn't being watched, finally.

As he slowly undressed, he thought of the upcoming day ahead of him, the people, the teachers, his parents. Great.

So he showered, and felt the freezing water rush along his skin, soothing the aching pain in his head. He felt the liquid absorb into his veins, removing the pain he had kept on him. A little bit of pain was removed after each wash, but it was replaced with suffering.

Suffering and pain are the same to some extent, but suffering was simply much stronger than pain could ever be. They are the same, but suffering is the pain that slowly builds up over time, turning into a constant feeling of agony, physically or mentally.

Although he liked it, Giyu liked cold showers. Giyu liked cold things.

Tomioka stepped onto the white floor tiles, then onto a black carpet that removed some water from his feet, it being transferred into the fluffy material. It was comfortable, he felt comfort, rubbing his foot in a circular motion, before stepping off of it.

He picked up his towel and dried his body, a body that didn't even feel like his, just skin and veins his mind happened to possess.

He rubbed the towel along his skin until most of the water was gone, just the scent of lavender and honey remained.

Giyu put his clothes on, a surprisingly decent uniform that he had been supplied with. A white, short sleeved shirt that fits over his body just right, resting over his arms and chest.