𝒥𝑒 𝓉'𝑒𝓃𝓉𝑒𝓃𝒹𝓈 (0)

......

Jay lazily slumped his arms over the deck of the ship, his mind empty as they sailed.

He and his crew, which he prefers to call family, had just sailed from the Yellow Sea, deciding to leave Korea for a while, at least until the wanted posters of their faces had disappeared. He leaned his head on his arms as his eyes gazed over the deep sea below, trying to take note of every detail that was there; perhaps he'd paint them later today.
The reason for their rushed escape from Korea was because of their attempted and successful robbery of the royal family there. If they were to be caught, all seven "family" members would surely be sentenced to death.

A soft sigh left his lips as he decided to do some work around the ship, not wanting to seem lazy; after all, he was one of the eldest. Tearing his arms off the deck, he walked around the main deck before going up to the quarter deck. There, he saw Heeseung, the eldest out of seven of them. His hands were on the wheel as he sailed the ship, directing them to their next destination, Paris, France.

Jay approached him from behind before standing next to him, gazing over the vast sea.

"How long do you think it'll take to get there?"

Jay spoke to him, his eyes scanning over the horizon for anything, only to be met with nothing but the same blue view. Heeseung sighed, his hands on the wheel turning, and so on, as he sailed.

"It'll roughly take a good week, but..."

Jay raised an eyebrow at him, expecting him to continue. He watched as Heeseung took one hand off the wheel, pointing to the open map on the stand next to him. He gestured for Jay to look over. On the page, aside from the red line that marked their main route, there was a separate line that drifted off course from their main route, marked in purple, but it looked like a quicker route to Paris.

"There." He spoke, pointing at the purple-marked route. "We can take a shortcut through the Atlantic. If we do, we'll get to Paris in 2 days."

Heeseung spoke, a smug look on his face as he placed his other hand back on the wheel, looking forward as he paid attention, making sure that he was going the right way. Jay looked at him, unsure, before looking at the map again. His eyes scanned over the different places they'd pass, looking to see if this shortcut route Heeseung had chosen was truly a safe one. Jay only furrowed his eyebrows as he looked at Heeseung with an unsure look.

"Were you passing through the Oceanid Lagoon? Are you sure about this?" Jay asked him.

The Oceanid Lagoon was part of the Atlantic Ocean, just at the edge of France. The lagoon was filled with stories about sailors and seamen mysteriously disappearing, all having to do with mythical creatures such as mermaids and other sea creatures. Of course, Jay bought none of it, as he thought they were all just silly ghost stories, but he didn't brush off the fact that it was a dangerous place with raging seas and deep-end waters.

Heeseung snorted out loud at his question.

"Hm, why? Are you afraid?"

He asked with a smirk. Jay only shook his head and sighed. He decided it was best to leave him and let him sail.

"No, but be careful. The waters are no joke down there."

After speaking those words, he walked away, hearing a distant "Okay" from Heeseung as he walked back down to the main deck. A lot of the others were sleeping, even if it was just late in the afternoon. Jay ran a hand through his hair as he began to busy himself with work, preparing the ship for any precautions as he was now aware they would be passing through a dangerous part of the ocean.

.

.

.

Night had fallen quickly, the light blue sky now a pitch black, lit up by small stars and the bright moon. That evening before night, the younger boys, Riki and Sunoo, had awoken and began to help Jay with all the ship precautions before the other three boys, Sunghoon, Jake, and Jungwon, had emerged from the bottom decks, alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks in their hand. Heeseung refused to drink as he was sailing, but the rest did, except for the youngest, Riki.