Blood Mage

Chapter 0002 The thugs are on trial
'Bah!
Snap!
'
"Quiet!"
The majestic knocking sound echoed over the court, as if announcing the irreversibility of the trial.
Presiding over the trial was the chief judge of Wilshire Court, Balazs Crowe, whose stern eyes scanned the entire hall.
This ruthless judge was famous for personally sending betrayers, and even his own relatives, to a place of darkness.
Now he presides over the final trial of the rebel mob.
Not long ago, this continent experienced an unprecedented disaster.
The leader of the dark forces, the wizard who called himself the "Lord of Eternal Night", led his thug followers and set off a magical war that swept across the entire continent.
Countless cities were razed to the ground, and life withered like fallen leaves.
However, fate eventually turned, and in an unprecedented battle, the Lord of Night was ended and his thugs fled for their lives.
Today, the liquidation of the dark forces has lasted for four years, and most of the thugs have long since surrendered. The person standing on the trial bench today is one of the remaining few.
On the trial bench was Stanlo Shavek, who came from an ancient and prominent family.
Although the Shavek family has declined, its secrets and wealth are still coveted.
His wife Catherine comes from the Fanglier family, which is also an ancient blood family.
The union of the two was originally a symbol of the revival of two declining families, but the war brought everything to naught.
Today's trial is not only related to Stan Low's life and death, but also related to the legacy and inheritance of the two families.
In the courtroom, the air was solemn, and the voices of arguments continued one after another.
"Your Excellency, I think Stanlow should receive a reduced sentence. He came to surrender on his own initiative and showed remorse. We should not impose the harshest punishment on such a repentant person." The defender spoke firmly, trying to defend himself.
Stanlow fights for a chance of survival.
But another prosecutor sneered: "This thug absconded for four years after the war without any repentance, and even fought with the guards many times. He just chose to surrender when he was cornered. How can such a person be let go so easily?"
?"
"Have you considered that Stanlow fought back to protect his family? At that time, he was forced to fight with the guards. His actions were not to resist the alliance, but to protect." The defender sounded anxious, obviously unwilling to let the other party
rhetoric prevailed.
The dispute in the hall became more and more fierce, and the sounds collided in the air like knives.
Kane Shavik, who was sitting among the family members, acted as if he was just a frightened child, huddled half of his body behind his mother, but his eyes shone with calm wisdom.
Kane's soul does not belong to this world. As a traveler from another time and space, he was once a calm and wise leader, but now he is observing the battle in order to gain control of the situation.
He knew in his heart that this trial was not only about his father's fate, but actually about the complete plunder of two ancient families.
Although the Shavek and Fanglier families have declined, their wealth and precious family secrets are still coveted.
Every force is looking for opportunities to get the secrets and wealth in their hands.
The sound of judgment surged like a storm, and Kane sneered in his heart.
He knew that this trial was just a show, and the real purpose was to seize the secret skills and wealth accumulated by their family for generations.
Those ancient techniques passed down from generation to generation have now become treasures in the eyes of all those in power.