𝐈𝐈𝐈

𝑴 𝑨 𝑻 𝑼 𝑹 𝑬     𝑪 𝑶 𝑵 𝑻 𝑬 𝑵 𝑻 

⌞𝐍𝐢𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐞⌝

    Traffic was shit, and the barista messed up my order at coffee bean. I just wanted to get into my office and order my food. In this moment I regret telling Phoenix it's fine, and I'd get something on the way. He has important meetings basically all day, and I refused to make him wait on me or do anything that could make him late. 

  I walked up to my office attempting to unlock it, yet there was no need because it was already unlocked and the door slightly cracked. I cautiously walked in only to find a comfortable Daniel on his phone, waiting I'd assume. "Who let you in?" He turned around shocked it seemed to see me, but it's my office would he be shocked? I paid no mind to it and went over to my desk. "Good morning to you too. And for your in formation Christian let me in, he said make myself at home." I rolled my eyes and got settled in. "It's not his office, and I was going to text you back when I got the chance. I do have a life, Daniel." He walked over and sat in front of me, putting his full attention on to me. "I am aware of that, and I do too. He let me in because I have a meeting to go to later, and I'd like to get this done quickly." After listening to him I turned my focus back to logging into my laptop to check my notifications.

  He was just sitting there watching my every move. It felt like I was under surveillance. "What did you come in here for?" I said in a mellow tone attempting to hide any emotions from him. "Have you found any places?" I smiled going back to my saves. "Yes, yes I have." I turned my laptop to him for him to look through the google doc. "Tell me your thoughts and everything." I sat there waiting for any sort of reply, hoping for a happy excited 'OMG I can't believe it you found my dream home.' reaction, but got left with an unimpressed straight stare. "What?" "Can we go to them, I'd feel better having a walk through. I do like the first one , and the third one. Balcony is a must as you know. Big kitchen and living room. Nice bedrooms." I mentally took note of his pros not knowing when any of the cons would come. "I have that wrote down in my notes, thank you though."

  "How soon could we do a walk through?" "Let me contact the home owners realtor, and see if I can get something set up. Is that all, no more questions or anything?" He shook his head still looking over the google doc. I sat there patiently waiting for him to hand my laptop back over. "Are these the only places you've found?" "Mhm, so far. I'll do one more look later tonight after my dinner date." He finally handed my laptop back giving me a slight smirking smile. "Ooou, where are you going?" "No where, myself and Phoenix just make it a priority to have a date night every other week." He slowly nodded his head chewing his lip, he thinking of something I could tell. "Have you had breakfast? I assume yes, but I'm curious." I looked over to my email trying to avoid whatever unneeded conversation I was about to get myself into. "So, no? Okay, would you like to join me on a business breakfast?" I took a deep breath in thinking of my options. "On me." Sighed responding "Sure." I was hungry and I'd most likely push it off till I get hangry. 

 "Just business." I reassured him. And he nodded. "Of course I'll text you the information." He said getting up leaving my office. "Okay." He left and I immediately called Ethan. I just needed someone to tell all this to. 

   "He was in your office? Just sitting waiting. For how long though?" "I don't know. I just got here and he was here. He said my boss let him in. Anyways, he asked me to a business professional breakfast." His eyebrow ross giving me a suspicious look. "Cause he knows you're not going to go to breakfast with him without a good reason." "We will be talking about the houses though. Only the houses." He side eyed me. "When he changes the topic don't be surprised. You know what take this as an advantage to set your boundaries and talk about the "tension" you feel between the two of you." "No, because then, he'll say something like 'I  have no idea what you're talking about. Maybe you can't let the past go after all.' And, I can but whenever he's around I feel his eyes and I swear I can hear his thoughts." I got a concerned looked in response. "Have you ever considered crazy to be a possibility? Cause girl maybe you got the crazy." "Ass." I said looking back at my monitor for an email or text from him. Really anything, I was just ready to get this over with.