DIECI

BELLA
Bella slammed her phone down, the heated argument with Marco about another girl still fresh in her mind. Her frustration bubbled over as she paced back and forth across her room, trying to shake off the irritation.

After a few moments, she felt a sudden urge to reach out to Niccolò. She picked up her phone and hesitated for a second before typing:

Hey wyd?

A few minutes later, Niccolò replied:

Ummm kinda busy right now ;)

Bella rolled her eyes, feeling a pang of disappointment:

Ok nvm

Before she could set her phone down, Niccolò's message popped up again:

Wait why? What's up? Are you okay?

Bella sighed, her annoyance easing slightly:

I just wanted to take a walk by the beach and smoke, but it's fine. I'll go myself.

Niccolò's response was almost immediate.

I'll meet you there in 5 mins.

Bella's heart skipped a beat. She quickly slipped on a jacket and headed out, her mind racing with a mix of anticipation and confusion.

~

BELLA
As Bella arrived at the beach, she took a deep breath and lit her cigarette. The calmness of the ocean was soothing, but she still felt unsettled. Suddenly, she felt hands cover her eyes and a familiar voice whispered, "Guess who?"

Bella turned around and rolled her eyes. "Seriously?"

Niccolò followed her, a smirk on his face. "Hey, that's not a very nice way to greet someone."

"Whatever," Bella muttered, turning back towards the water.

Niccolò sighed dramatically. "You know what I did to come here? I was about to hook up with a girl, and I left immediately to come find you."

Bella's eyes widened in surprise. "Why would you do that?"

Niccolò shrugged nonchalantly. "I just felt like it. I've hooked up with enough girls anyway."

Bella tried her best to not smile. "So, why did you come so fast?"

"Because I felt like it," he replied, smirking. "So, what's up? Something on your mind?"

Bella began to rant, her frustration evident. "Marco stays projecting his insecurities onto me. He's so controlling and obsessive about who I talk to, what I wear, and where I go. But then he acts shady with other girls and doesn't even care about what I want. I'm just over it."

Niccolò's expression softened. "He doesn't deserve you. Why are you with him? He treats you like shit, and he's a dick. You don't even know if you love him."

Bella stared at him, confused. "I don't know if I love him, and I don't even know if he loves me. But he's all I know. I don't even know if he knows what my favorite color is but he was my first..."

Niccolò sighed and said, "Blue."

Bella's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "What?"

"I've picked up on a few things since hanging out with you," Niccolò explained. "I've noticed your favorite color was blue."

A smile tugged at Bella's lips, and she smiled back at Niccolò. "What's yours?"

Niccolò feigned disappointment. "Really? That hurts. I know yours, but you don't know mine?"