QUATTRO

NICCOLONiccolò adjusted his sunglasses, surveying the picturesque landscape as the group assembled for the first day of the senior trip

NICCOLO
Niccolò adjusted his sunglasses, surveying the picturesque landscape as the group assembled for the first day of the senior trip. The sun glistened on the lake, surrounded by lush trees and rugged cliffs that promised adventure. His friends Dario and Luca were already joking around, clearly excited for the kayaking session that lay ahead.

Niccolò smirked as he saw Bella approaching with her friends. She looked effortlessly stylish in a sleek, dark green one-piece swimsuit, paired with a matching life vest that accentuated her curves. Her hair was pulled back into a high ponytail, and her eyes sparkled with a mix of annoyance and determination.

As he turned his attention back to the lake, the teacher, Mr. Bianchi, called the group together. "Alright, everyone! For today's kayaking activity, I've randomized the partners to encourage better bonding. Get ready to see some unexpected pairings!"

Niccolò glanced at Dario and Luca, who exchanged amused glances, clearly enjoying the spectacle that was about to unfold. His gut sank when Mr. Bianchi announced, "Niccolò Rossi and Bella Conti."

He groaned audibly, rolling his eyes as the rest of the group chuckled. Bella's face flushed with annoyance. "Seriously?" she muttered, glancing at him with a mixture of irritation and disbelief.

"Looks like we're stuck together," Niccolò replied with a shrug, his tone dripping with sarcasm. "Guess I'll just have to survive a few hours of your charming company."

Bella's eyes narrowed as she grabbed her paddles. "Don't flatter yourself. I'm not exactly thrilled about this either."

They approached the kayak, a sleek two-seater, and began the awkward process of getting in. Niccolò climbed in first, making room for Bella. She hesitated for a moment before squeezing in next to him, trying to avoid touching him more than necessary.

As they set off, Bella's irritation was palpable. "You know, if you don't want to be here, you could have just stayed behind."

"And let you have all the fun?" Niccolò shot back, his voice laced with mockery. "I wouldn't miss this for the world."

Bella huffed, paddling with a determined rhythm. "Whatever. Just keep your comments to yourself."

Niccolò's lips curled into a wry smile as he adjusted his grip on the paddle. Bella's competitive spirit was evident as she pushed hard against the water, and for a moment, their paddling was in sync. The initial tension between them began to melt away as they moved smoothly through the water.

Despite their earlier bickering, there was an unspoken agreement to keep things professional. The quiet between them was heavy but peaceful, interrupted only by the sound of their paddles slicing through the water and the occasional splash.

They continued to paddle in silence, the natural rhythm of the kayak creating a sort of truce between them. Niccolò found himself appreciating Bella's focus and determination, even if her presence was still a source of frustration.