10.

A/N

Heyya everyone! Do you miss me lmao

To the previous readers, this is a reupload! Major editing bc i think that some things need to go 😞 maybe once this book finished I'll write a windbre one-shot !! 😆 I want to cry rereading what i wrote a few weeks ago... Girl what drugs were u on 😭

Written: 23 AUGUST 2024
Edited: 02 SEPT 2024
•°•°•°•

Days have passed since your highschool started. Days went by with completing homework, getting group presentations.

Days went by and the amount of plasters on your best friend's face kept increasing.

"Are you okay, (Name)?" Kotoha whispered, hand on your shoulder as you slumped on your desk, unmoving for the past few minutes. To others it seemed like you were taking a nap in between classes.

"Hmn.. yeah." You mumbled staring at her through the gaps of your arms. She didn't seem convinced, though.

Instead of sitting next to you, Kotoha pulled the chair from the desk in front and sat down facing you. She propped her chin in her palm, staring at the windows of your classroom where some students were moving on to their next subject. They laughed jovially, nudging and poking at each other.

"Seems like everyone knows everyone here, right?" You mumbled lowly, just for Kotoha to listen.

You rolled your head so your cheek was pressed on your forearm, also watching the scene. From the corner of your eyes, you saw a small smile on the brunette's lips.

"It's just the first few weeks, (Name). Give it some time."

A warm palm rested on your head.

Her words stuck in your head until the school session ended

She left earlier than you to open Pothos, but you promised to meet her there at 6 to do some quick revision.

Soft meowing shifted your attention from kicking the pebbles to a cute cat rubbing its back on the light pole. It was a calico cat, chubby and round from all the scraps of food the townfolks like to give to strays.

"Aww are you fat or preggy?" you cooed, stepping closer. The calico perked up, warily eyeing you as you extended a hand for a sniff.

"Hey, I'm just asking~!" you cried when it hissed at you, furs straight and tail stiff as rod. It ended up trying to run away from you. Trying.

Your mother would scold you for running with a bruised ankle, but you really liked calico in particular. You couldn't let this one go just yet until you get a dose of dopamine.

There it was, leisurely walking to the nearby alleyway. It didn't notice your presence yet, crouching just a few steps behind it. Dull pain shoot up your leg from the position, and you were reminded of the bandages around your ankle.