two.

c a m d e n  ,

c a m d e n  ,

CAMILLA WAS OCCUPIED with work, reorganising shelves, dusting old books, rewriting prices, the list goes on. This was all a relatively peaceful process, until a rowdy group of men appeared outside, lingering around the shop.

These men were obviously under the influence of something, most likely alcohol, and were surrounded by a series of cameramen. Camilla studied their movements for a while, keeping track of their loud laughs and slurring voices, until they started to get closer to the entrance of the shop.

Putting her phone down and preparing herself for the worst, she pretended to occupy herself behind the counter, picking up the first book that entered her vision. She didn't have to look very far, considering she was in a bookshop practically engulfed by all sorts of different books. She didn't have much time to acknowledge what she was reading, considering the bell above the door rang not long after.

Her head stayed down, even though it was standard protocol to welcome the customer as soon as they entered. At least that's what Maisie wanted. However, she wasn't there at that moment, so Camilla decided to skip over that rule this one time.

After a couple seconds, there was a loud laugh and then the bell rang again. At first she thought another person from outside had entered, but as she slowly looked up, she found it to be the complete opposite. The man had walked in and left, which was a shock.

She took in a deep sigh of relief. Moving around the counter, she felt the worry lift from her shoulders and began stacking books on the shelves again.

She occupied herself with this task, until she was caught completely off guard by the bell ringing again. For a moment she thought he didn't see her, and could quickly duck back behind the counter to avoid this encounter. But soon enough, she felt a tap on her shoulder and a man behind her clearing their throat.