Max Shiratori (Ref/Lore)

I had many refs of Max, but this is the newest one I have.

There are some facts about him already in the reference sheet but I'll put them here as well

Max Shiratori 🪽
19 (don't sexualize him)
Male
5'8/172.80cm
152lbs/68.9kg
Oct 2nd

Dance major (Ballet + contemporary)
Pescatarian
Legally blind
(Dull eyes, wears glasses)

Has 2 pets:
Star (Hamster)
Nova (Dog)

Likes 🩵
Jesus (God)
Plants
Strawberries
Tea (green)
Pastries
Stars

Dislikes ✖️
Violence
Storms
Energy drinks
Fastfood
Halloween
Crowded areas

~~~~~~~~

Small description:

Seer
(Can see spiritual things with his eyes, good and bad)

"I can see you..."

Whether it be a spirit, a person's motive, or a snip of knowing the future. This is a gift from God, it's not something he gave himself.

Max was an ex-witch who abused spiritual power even though he thought he was helping. He desired peace and healing but was never content despite the crystals and spells he used. It took years for him to realize witchcraft was evil and made his life worse for himself and others around him.

He also used to be in fights growing up, most of this started because of his upbringing in a Christian home and kids made fun of him for it and for being "girly" for taking an interest in ballet/dance.

Max's reaction to his brother's rebellion and heart condition made his aggression worse. He cherished his brother and idolized him. His brother is the one who got him into witchcraft since he was a fortune-teller and psychic.

Max wouldn't start fights but he would end them if people around him (usually the weaker ones) were provoked. Many called him Taz (short for Tasmanian Devil). For years, he grew up getting into trouble but he had a hot head when it came to unfairness and the weak being messed with.

This is how he got the scar on his cheek (being mocked for being a Christian) and years later, he got into a fight that caused him to become blind for a while.

✨ Around these years, he was in a backslidden and hurt condition so he didn't have that relationship and fellowship with God like he does now after all of that.

When his eyes were opened up, he began seeing what was really happening in the unseen world (spiritual realm) and this caused him to run back to God and call on His name for safety. Otherwise, he would've lost his mind and been consumed by darkness.

God called him into His light to be a light to the world and lead others to do the right thing by faith. God made him a leader with strong influence and a desire for the weak to be protected and healed.

~~~~~~~

That's all-

This character was originally given to me by an old friend and he's been developed by me for some years, he was originally a witch who practiced magic and spells and was in poly relationships.

But now that God has gotten a hold to my creativity, he has completely changed this character for the better. It was difficult at first because Max had become a hollow shell and just a design but the Holy Spirit showed me that I can take parts of the old story and use it for his testimony and build a new story for him that now gives glory to Jesus.

The hardships, trials, tribulations, temptations, and all the sufferings that a believer may deal with while in a world of darkness but in the midst, being led by God's light.

~Bee

October 2, 2024