Thinking About It Makes Me Blue

Inspired by Phoebe Bridgers's "Funeral"

Daella and her children had been traveling on dragonback for many hours, but did not complain since this was the fastest way to Highgarden. They of course took a break to eat then they were immediately back on their dragons as they had wanted to reach Highgarden by night and not the next morning.

Aemma was already drowsy, clearly wanting to be obedient to her tiredness. Daella just kept trying to keep her eyes open until they made it.

After a few more hours, Aeven and Daella had noticed a castle surrounded by beautiful tress and flowers. They ordered their dragons to land right outside of the castle. The moon illuminated the way to them as they made their way up.

Guards stood their post outside the castle, but someone swiftly emerged from inside to allow them in. That someone was Lucille, Arien's big sister. She had become the new head of Highgarden and the Lady Paramount of The Reach. Her father, Mordon Tyrell had decided to make his successor his eldest child and only daughter right before giving up his seat. It was in honor of ushering in a new era, the new era of when Rhaenyra becomes Queen.

"Hello, good-sister." Lucille said in a saddened tone Her look, tired, burdened.

"Hello, good-sister." Daella repeated back to her. She then moved to hug Lucille. "How have you been?"

"It is hard but I can manage. How are you taking it?" She pulled away to look at her brother's widow. Daella presses her lips together before replying.

"I do not think he would want me to be so sad so I am trying. I am trying for him, for the children." The Princess reaffirmed herself as she spoke. Aeven and Aemma had been watching the whole exchange. It was made them think even more on their father who was now gone.

"Let's get you three inside and to your rooms." Lucille said as she smiled at them. They followed right behind her as she made her way through the halls. Every time Daella visited Highdarden's castle, she always adored it.

She stared around at the beautiful paintings hanging around as they walked to their accommodations. Soon they made it to where Aeven would sleep and Daella wished him a good sleep and kissed his head goodnight.

Lucille then led Daella and Aemma to where they would be sleeping and they wished her a good night before entering.

The two of them quickly changed into their nightgowns and crawled into the bed. Aemma scooted close to her mother.

"Mother, I don't know why but I feel so scared for tomorrow. It feels like everything is happening so fast and I know you and Aeven tried to help me feel better but I just can't." Aemma said as she laid her head on her mother's shoulder. Daella looked down at her daughter. She sucked in a breath before responding to her.

"I felt the same way that you did when my mother, your grandmother died. Though I was much angrier. You are scared because the procession tomorrow will make his passing final. But listen to me when I say this Aemma, just because he will be buried does not mean we have to bury his memory." Daella then places a hand to her daughter's face. "He lives on in you, in Aeven, and in the rest of his family."

"That makes me feel somewhat better. Thank you mother." Aemma looks into her mother's eyes then rests her head back on her shoulder and closes her eyes.
———————————————————————
Daella had gotten herself ready for the day, knowing how long it was going to be she decided to give herself some time to breathe before it started.

She woke up her daughter and allowed her to get dressed while she walked down the hall with her small bag on her shoulder to her son's guest chambers to make sure he was up. Unsurprisingly,He was already up and dressed by the time she got there.