Weak

The hallways are eerily empty when Jimin steps out of his room.

The lighting has already been switched to night mode, only some of the bulbs working, as expected after curfew. A soldier is waiting for Jimin right outside his door, ready to escort him where he's needed. Shivering, Jimin adjusts his uniform, feet steady as he makes his way to the birthing rooms, the clicking of the soldier's boots on the linoleum keeping track of time.

The call woke him up, the doctor demanding his presence since some of the pregnant omegas had gone into labor before planned. The unforeseen events make the hairs on the back of his neck stand up in uneasiness. Things like that never happen, not in their controlled world. Each and every single one of the omegas currently breeding is monitored carefully, their pregnancies timed so that the pups would arrive right at the time they are needed. Not a day before, not a day later.

It is the first time, in all of Jimin's years at the breeding center, that something like this occurs. And it calls for dark thoughts to filter into his mind.

The screams and pants of the omegas can be heard from the hallway when Jimin arrives and he hurries inside, fastening a cap over his hair and rushing to where the Doctor is calling him.

"Pressure on the stomach, now!"

Jimin doesn't think twice, launching himself on top of the swollen belly of the omega currently screaming his lungs out. Sweat runs down in rivulets over the flushed face of the Bearer, veins protruding on his temples as he pushes with all he has. However it is not enough, Jimin has assisted enough deliveries to know this not going to be an easy one.

The Doctor presses his lips together, wiping the sweat from his forehead.

"Nurse."

Jimin moves back with a grimace as a beta steps forward, fastening the belts around the Bearer's arms and then offering a piece of cloth to bite into. The omega accepts it, resigned, and Jimin pushes down the sense of dread fighting to fill his stomach. As soon as the omega is biting into the cloth, the Doctor takes a scalpel and makes a cut. Blood oozes out, staining Jimin's shoes and the Bearer cries, hands gripping the bars on the bed harder.

"Push!" orders the Doctor.

Returning to his position over the belly of the omega, Jimin presses down, silently urging the pup to help them out. The minutes on the clock are ticking; they can't wait anymore.

"One more!" yells the Doctor and the Bearer screams along, cloth falling from his mouth. It's one final push, one that ends with a pup crying their way out into the world. A girl.

Both the omega and Jimin collapse against the bed and Jimin dares a look at his face. He knows him, he knows his name. Sehun.

"Omega Eighty-four!"

Jimin snaps back to attention when the Doctor calls his name, moving to the foot of the bed where the nurse is busy measuring the pup. Blood is pouring like a steady river from the Sehun, the cut not clean enough to prevent the hemorrhage. Gingerly, Jimin approaches the pup, his nose easily finding the gland right under her ear.

He sniffs, closing his eyes briefly as sadness coats his words.

"Omega," he whispers. A Keeper in a yellow uniform shows up right then, picking up the pup and taking her away through the doors on the left, the ones used for the pups that will stay at the CPO.

The Doctor sighs in disappointment just in time with a stutter coming from the heart monitor connected to the Bearer. Jimin's heart stutters along. He turns to look at the Doctor with panic in his eyes but the beta remains in his spot, eyeing the Bearer.