12. The queen

Chapter Released on - 8th September, 2024
.
.
Please vote
.
.
.
.
The next day

Niki got a bit sick and was asked by the imperial physician to take rest. He was sleeping in his palace when Jay and Sunoo went to visit him. Both entered the palace and noticed Niki sleeping peacefully.

Sunoo went near him and sat beside him in the bed as he checked his temperature "The prince's temperature is still high" Sunoo informed Jay. Jay stood behind him and looked at Niki with a worried expression. "I hope he gets well soon" Jay added and Sunoo nodded.

Just then a guard from outside notified that Jay was summoned by the king for some important work. "Would you like to stay here for a while or go back to my palace?" asked Jay as he caressed Sunoo's cheek. "I want to stay here for a while and take care of the Prince" the younger replied.

Jay nodded and kissed him and then left for his work. Sunoo stayed there and wiped Niki's face and chest with cold water with time to time. After a while an announcement was made that the queen had arrived. Before Sunoo could even stand up the queen quickly went inside.

She looked at Sunoo and frowned "What are you doing here?!" asked the queen. Sunoo could feel that the queen was not very fond of his presence. Before he could even bow to the queen, she quickly came and dragged Sunoo away from Niki.

The younger lost his balance and fell to the ground as his leg injury was not fully healed. He hissed in pain as his wounds opened up. The queen though she didn't intend to harm him , she didn't pay attention to Sunoo's squirms of pain. She walked past him and quickly went to Niki and sat beside him and checked his temperature.

A tear escaped from her eye as she saw her only son burning in discomfort from the sickness. She looked at Sunoo and frowned again "Don't you dare come near my son when he is in such a vulnerable state, do you even know how to take care of him? What if you had harmed him huh? You could have worsened his health" The queen screamed at Sunoo as he sat on the ground with his face facing the ground while tears ran down like a river from his eyes.

He was in immense pain, he could feel his legs going numb. He was also hurt hearing the queen's words. It made him remember that no matter what he was still a fallen prince whose kingdom was no more his, his family was no more with him. Her behaviour was a slap bringing him to reality that his dignity as a prince was long gone with his kingdom and that anybody could come and drag him to the ground and shout at him while he couldn't even protest to protect himself from being wronged.

The queen looked at Sunoo with a look at displeasure and then turned towards her son not acknowledging Sunoo's presence anymore. Just then another announcement was made that Sunghoon arrived at the palace. The prince entered the palace with a calm expression and bowed to the queen while observing the whole situation.

He could easily imagine the whole situation as he saw the blood dripping from Sunoo's wounded leg which was yet to be noticed by the queen. The queen nodded to him and busied herself stroking her son's head. Sunghoon looked at the younger and his pitiful state. He looked like a lost child, scared and panicked as tears run down his face. His face frowning with pain yet he didn't say a word and sobbed silently while looking down.

Without saying anything to the queen Sunghoon went near the younger and picked him up in his arms and left. The queen looked at them leaving and it was only then that she noticed Sunoo's leg. She looked at the ground where he was sitting and noticed a few drops of blood. She realised that she must have hurt him when she pulled him away from her son's bed. She had a troubled expression but before she could think any further she left Niki stirring awake from his slumber.

"Son are you okay? Do you feel any better? Do you feel uncomfortable?" The queen asked all worried. "I feel better now than before...were you wiping me with cold water and cloth? It made me feel better " said Niki with a slight smile. The queen rememberd that Sunoo has a cloth in his hand when she came in. She looked towards the table beside the bed and noticed a wet cloth and a bowl filled with cold water.

She felt guilty as she realised that she had wronged Sunoo and screamed at him when he was just trying to take care of her son and was also able to make him feel better.

She looked at Niki and said slightly with a troubled expression "No..it wasn't me..I came just a few minutes ago... the one who was taking care of you was....y-your... your c-concubine" Niki looked at her and said delightfully "He was here? Where is he now?" He looked around the room, he tried to sit up when the queen stopped him from doing so. "Sunghoon came and took him.. you sleep now.. your temperature is still high.. go and meet him later "

Niki looked at her and nodded understanding her worry for him. He closed his eyes and fell asleep as the queen sat beside him stroking his head.
.
.
.
.

Chanel - Alright that's it for today...see you later.
.
.
Bye Crescents