Chapter 1: Lucy Heartfilia

It started out as a normal morning, well...as normal as it could be in Magnolia. Natsu and Gray were fighting over petty things, and Erza would step into argument and the two would immediately stop. Elfman was yelling at them saying, "Fighting is Manly!", while Lisanna was trying to keep him from yelling so loud. Cana was downing barrels of beer, while Wendy and Romeo talked casually. Gajeel was messing with Levy, but there was one thing that wasn't right--and Natsu Dragneel knew just exactly what it was.

"Hey Ice Princess, where's Luce?" Throwing a punch at Gray Fullbuster. Gray was Fairy Tail's ice demon slayer, while Natsu being Fairy Tail's Fire Dragon Slayer, so it was kinda obvious the two wouldn't get along, but the really did have a good friendship just... not like Lucy's and Natsu's friendship, though. You see Natsu and Lucy had this... um how should I put this... we'll just call it a "special friendship." They're best friends. Oh, I forgot to tell you about Lucy! You see, Lucy Heartfilia is a celestial mage. She owns 10 of the 12 zodiac gate keys. She's not as strong as Natsu and her other friends are Lucy was courageous.

"Why you asking me Flame Brain?!" Natsu turned from the fight, and growled. Yes, actually growled. He is like a dragon, you know. Natsu forgot about his fight with Gray, and started to walk towards Mirajane Strauss. Mirajane or Mira was a very nice girl but she had this other side to her... we'll get to that later. Natsu had almost made it to the bar but...Gray had got thrown on him. Literally thrown. Causing him to run into Erza.

"What's the big idea?!" Natsu shouted at Gray who now had no clothes on beside his underwear.

"Natsu! Gray! You two are so dead! You ruined my strawberry cake!" Both boys ran away from the deadly scarlet haired girl. Erza requiped her sword, still chasing the two boys.

"Gray! Your clothes!" yelled Wendy as she ran over to Carla and Mira.

"Why does this always happen?!" Gray questioned while Juvia was staring at Gray from the corner of the guild yet again.

So there you see just a normal day in the Fairy Tail guild. Now let's go find Lucy.

Lucy POV

"Be careful Lucy, you might fall in!" The boat man warned; I gave him a big smile.

"I won't!" I exclaimed, running on the edge of the sidewalk on Strawberry Street.  I ran through the streets then finally got to the guild. I was about to open the guild when the doors busted open to the one and only Natsu Dragneel  landed right on top of me.

"Oh! Hey Luce, there you are." He grinned down at me, his spiky pink hair going every which way.

"Can't.....breathe...." I gasped out, trying to get him off me. He jumped up off me. I slowly stood up trying to actually get air in my lungs again.

"Natsu get back here!" A yell erupted from inside the guild. Natsu ran back into the guild with that wild smile still on his face. I shook my head, and entered the guild smiling only to see everything in a chaos as usual. I made my way over to the bar where Mira and Levy were trying not to get involved in the chaos. 

"Hello!" Mira manged to say over all the noise."Want the usual?" I smiled and nodded, sitting down on one of the seats next to Levy; Mira disappeared. Levy looked up at me from the book she was engrossed in.

"Hey Lucy, are you done with your novel yet?" She gave me a playful smirk with a raised eyebrow.

"Not yet but I'm getting close." Levy gave me another smile, turning her attention back to the book.

"Here you go Lucy." Mira appeared with a strawberry milkshake in her hand.

"Thanks Mira!" I reached out for the milkshake, and took a few drinks before setting it back down.

"You know Lucy, I think you and Natsu are getting pretty close."

"No Mira, you know it's not like that." I corrected, looking up to her with a bit of a blush on my cheeks.

"You sure?"

"Mira."

"Whatever you say Lucy!" She giggled and walked away. I turned my attention to the ruckus going on behind me. It looked like Erza had definitely was the winner. Gray was on the ground with a huge bump on his head and Natsu was being held upside down by Gajeel while Erza was laughing.

"Put me down!" Natsu yelled at Gajeel who had Natsu's feet in in his large hands.

"Okay," Gajeel said and dropped Natsu on his head. I couldn't help it--I chuckled.

"That's not what I meant!" Natsu yelled in Gajeel's face. Gajeel, not wanting to start another fight, just laughed.

"Oh, suck it up Salamander!"

"Shut up Gajeel!" Natsu yelled yet again. Gajeel walked away from the dragon slayer, and Natsu huffed. He looked up towards me, then made his way over towards me with big smile on his face. 

"Hey Luce!"

"Hi again Natsu. Say where's Happy?" I asked wondering where the blue exceed was.

"He's with Carla. Again." Natsu grumbled while crossing his arms.

"Aw, is someone jealous of Carla?"

"No!" 

"Uh huh."

"I never see him anymore!" Natsu continued arguing laying his head on the counter. We continued talking for about twenty minutes until Natsu got called to Master Makarov's office. 'Hmm wonder what he did this time.'

A little later

"Hello Lucy." I turned around to see Erza standing next to Gray with a piece of paper in his hand.

"Oh hi Erza, Gray."

"Wanna go on a job?" Gray asked with still no clothes on.

"Yeah sure which one do have picked out?" I did need rent money soon anyway. Gray held the paper up more so I could read it.

'NEED HELP

 Blah Blah blah blah

Reward: 100,000 J'

"100,000 jewel! That's enough to pay my rent for 3 months!" Erza just laughed at excited my behavior.

"We leave tomorrow at exactly noon be ready. " Erza said walking away.

"I'll tell Natsu." I said.

"Natsu's not coming Lucy, Master had him go on a mission that was just him and Happy so it'll be me, you, Erza, and Wendy." Gray clarified finally speaking up. To be honest I was shocked. What job had Master had Natsu do? 

"Oh, okay." I mumbled. Turning around I walked out of the guild. It was almost dark anyway, so I started to head home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey! So there's the first chapter! Tell me how you liked it in the comments please! And please vote! The more votes means the sooner chapters will come! Oh yeah the cover to this story was made by the awesome morbidEmpire

Cookie Out!