➴𖠌Chapter 19➴𖠌

To say Ryan was angry was an understatement, he was furious

To say Ryan was angry was an understatement, he was furious. I've not seen him this angry in years due to his always relaxed and sarcastic attitude. Ace was the short-tempered one in high school who would get in a fight with everyone.

Ryan always stayed back and made snarky comments about Ace. He never lost his temper and avoided serious fights and arguments. Ace would jump into a fight either way, I used to lose my temper easily now, I come home most days with a new injury from school. My mom would always treat my injuries but I never escaped the lectures that came with them. I eventually layed off fights but Ace never backed down once.

Then I met Nikolai.

"Ace got fucking shot and is in surgery as we speak, and you thought it was ok to keep it a secret?!" Ryan yells with fury. Sofia looks out the window awkwardly sensing the importance of the conversation.

"I was going to tell you eventually."

"Eventually?!? You spent the last 10 minutes flirting with Sofia while Ace is struggling to stay alive!" Ryan argues and I have nothing to respond.

"You don't even talk to him anymore, why are you so concerned?" I grumble.

"That doesn't mean I don't fucking care for him?" Ruan spits with venom.

I admit I was wrong with not telling him Ace got shot. They don't talk much anymore but their care and affection for each other are clear. The ride is quiet for a long time and we are almost to the hospital. Ryan's leg bouncing in anxiety and I'm driving as fast as I can to the hospital. Well, that till Sofia decides to add her thoughts.

"I don't know what's happening between you two and this Ace, but you fucked up Ales," Sofia adds and we both look at her. Ryan's leg stops bouncing for a second and a faint lift to the edge of his lips is visible for a second.

I roll my eyes and pull into the Hospital, as soon as I park Ryan bolts out of the car and into the hospital. We race after him but he's too fast. Once we get to the receptionist we spot Ryan racing down a hallway.

"We're here to see Ace Agnello," I tell the receptionist and she nods.

"Relationship?" she asks looking up her glasses that sit at the bridge of her nose.

"Close friend," I answer and she nods again writing it down.

"And the lady?"

"Friend." Sofia lies and the woman gives us directions to the room.

Sofia and I ran down the hall we saw Ryan run down earlier. We scan through the rooms we pass till we finally see the room Ace is in. Outside we see Ryan sitting there with his head in his hands. Mark is there too and is leaning on the wall while he patiently waits for the nurse to come in.

Ryan is stressed and worried while he sits there. Ace rarely ever gets shot or harmed, he's reckless and charges into fights but is also careful with the amount of injury he leaves with. He's always watchful of his surroundings and that's clear with how the shot missed his vital organs. It's clear he spotted the shooter and moved out of the way even if it was too late to fully avoid the bullet. The shooter's goal was his death after all.

Ryan is going through a lot as his twin brother is fighting for his life after being shot. The two may not talk anymore but they have a strong relationship no one can break. A big argument started once that led Ryan to leave his family and live in his preference. The fight was mainly between Ryan and his parents but after Ryan dropped contact with them, he avoided the entire family including Ace. None of them mentioned it later on but it was clear they missed each other.

A nurse came out of the room to talk to us, she held a clipboard and she walked with seriousness. "Ace Agenlos's surgery went well, we recommend bed rest for the next couple weeks to a month. Visitors will be open soon after we give him time to rest. If you have any questions feel free to find me or Doctor Lee, at this moment I'd like to speak to a family member or guardian of the patient." the nurse informs and Ryan steps forward.

"I'm his brother, you can speak to me," Ryan informs and he walks out with the nurse

Meanwhile, Sofia's face is beyond shocked, I'm guessing she never knew Ryan had siblings. My thoughts are comfortable when she whispers and yells:

"Ryan has a brother?!?" She says looking up at me from where she's sitting.

"Yes. A twin brother." I nod answering her question and she gapes.

Sofia starts mumbling some things and cursing him out under his breath. She doesn't know Ace yet she still staying, I almost feel bad for dragging her here even if she doesn't seem to mind.

The next hour was boring and tiring. Sofia kept complaining that she was hungry so after a while we went out to eat dinner. She insisted we go to this cafe she loves and threatened to beat me up if I didn't take her there. I am scared for my life after this marriage, this woman can be violent with her words.

We entered the cafe which was pretty big yet comfortable, there weren't many people here at this time and the Cafe was bright and peaceful. The was a large photo of a woman hanging there, she looked so happy in the photo and I immediately recognized the face. It was Rosa, Sofia's late mom. Sofia noticed what I was looking at and smiled leading us to a nearby table.

"What do you like to eat?" Sofia asks as I sit down.

"You can choose." I dismissed not knowing exactly what was at this Cafe.

Sofia rushes off to order the food and I wait at our table. She doesn't take long to get the food and comes back with two plates of pasta and a banana split.

"What type of cafe sells pasta?" I ask Sofia when she sits down.

"It's not just a cafe, it's a restaurant for every meal of the day," Sofia answers and picks a plate with pink pasta leaving the chicken Alfredo to me.

I sigh and grab a fork then pull the plate towards me. We both start eating and Sofia looks like she's on cloud nine. The food wasn't bad I admit, it was really good and tasty. After a while, I noticed Sofia kept glancing at me eating my food with envy. She stops eating her plate I'm assuming because she's sick of it.

"I should have picked that one." She groans as she now completely stares at me. It's not the most comfortable thing for someone to stare at you eat your food.

"You want my plate?" I sigh and finally look straight at her and she lights up.

"Just a taste." She smiles innocently and I motion her to go ahead.

Whatever she took was not 'just a taste' unless her taste buds were seriously not working and she needed more than 5 spoonfuls of my food. She seemed to enjoy it though so I let her have the whole plate and I ate her pink pasta.

She just smiled and ate her ice cream once she was done with the pasta. Which she finished awfully quickly.

Once she was done she opened her mouth to start a conversation and I knew it was time to get her home. We got in the car and I dropped her off at the same spot I first did that night she was drunk. She flipped me off yet again and marched into the neighborhood. It wasn't as dark so she could still see her way home.

I knew I'd be sleeping late tonight with all the calls and emails I had to answer. That's why I was going to sleep earlier but those two had to make so much noise.

♤♢♤♢♤♢♤♢♤♢♤♢♤♢♤♢♤♢♤♢♤
Not Sofia being moody with no food😭

Constructive criticism is welcomed and PLEASE point out any mistakes.

Requests—-

Recommendations —-

Any other comments/questions—-

Hope you have an inconceivable day(drink water)🫶