0.1

I walk through the empty park, letting the wind mess up my hair. I get off the pavement and walk through the forest. It's where I usually go to think. I've been sneaking here since I turned 10, and no one knows about it. Inside the forest, is where my hiding place is. A treehouse.

As I'm trying to step on the fourth step of the ladder, my foot slips, causing me to fall and hit my head on a large rock.
"Ow, fuck!" I curse, rubbing my throbbing head. Of course I had to fall,
I'm just that clumsy.

"Are you okay?"

"Holy shit!" I screamed, scrambling to my feet, "what the hell man? You don't just do that to a person. Who are you? Why are you at my hide out?"

The stranger chuckled. "Cute," he said, catching me off guard. I give him a look to explain why he is here.

After a minute of staring at each other like we had two heads, I broke the silence. "Are you going to explain why you're here?"

"Your head." he said. "It's bleeding. I live in that little house over there," he says pointing to a near by one story house. I've seen that house many times before, I just thought no one lived in it. If I had known I would've stopped coming to the hideout. "I was outside looking for some... wood, and saw you fall off the ladder."

He sounded so nervous. He didn't sound right. "Are you okay? You don't sound too well."

He gave me a questioning look. "I'm fine."

Not believing him, I nodded. I stuck my arm out, "I'm Maddeline, but you can call me Mad or Madi."

He looks at my arm weirdly. "Um, I'm Theo."

When he didn't take my hand, I scoffed. "Okay, then Theo, I'll see you around."

I quickly spun on my heel and speed walked away.

All I could think about him was... weird.