Chapter 14 - Happy Birthday Joe!

So it's the day of Joe's birthday and there are a pile of presents in the lounge for him. He wasn't awake yet but T was she was having a glass of water in the kitchen when two little arms wrapped round he knees holding onto them tightly!

Morning little man!

Joe: Mornin!

happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Joe, happy birthday to YOU *picking him up for a cuddle*

Joe: Yey thanks

You go and see if uncle G's awake and I'll get you a drink ok?

Joe: yeah! Orange please

Joe went running into Gareth's bedroom and jumped on the bed telling him to get up

Joe: Up uncle G!

G: *rubbing his eyes* hello birthday boy!

Joe: *laughs*

Gareth grabbed him and tickled him softly making joe laugh. To hear him laughing was priceless for T and Gareth!

You opening any of your presents today Mr?

Joe: you mean I have more than one?

G: course you do man! Your getting old though wow 3 your nearly as old as me! *laughs*

Joe: yeah I'm 3! I'm not uncle G don't be silly!

T held her hand out for Joe to take it and he took it walking into the lounge with T! He just stood looking at the pile of presents in front of him. He had never had this many. G got dressed and came in to see Joe just stood looking at the pile...

G: they're all for you little man!

Joe: All of them?

Course they are baby *smiles* your only 3 once

Joe: Wow, thank you mummy, thank you uncle G *hugging them both*

T put Joe's drink on the table and went and opened a few of his presents on the top was the car he had asked for. A big red one! His face lit up when he saw it and just wanted to get it out of the packaging and play with it! He couldnt believe T had remembered that he said he wanted a big red car. T noticed that G was just smiling at Joe opening his presents, she knew exactly what would be running through his head right now but its a bit of a touchy subject....

G: Uncle G help?

Joe: Yes please!

Gareth opened the box and got the red car and Joe just started playing with it almost as if it was the only present he had. T and G just looked at each other smiling and T had tears in her eyes.

Joe: Mummy why you crying?

I'm happy your happy!

Joe: you don't cry when your happy!

Silly me of course you don't! Me and uncle G were thinking we could go to a water park with slides today, if you'd like to?

Joe: yeah!

ERrm manners Mr!

Joe: Yeah please *smiles*

G: you open some more present then and I'll get you something to eat, toast?

Joe: okay *sighs* yes please

That was a deep sigh little one…

Joe: Sorry mummy

You don’t have to say sorry Joey what’s wrong?

Joe: Oh nothing

You sure?