Wendigo

Warning- talk about skin walkers
2027 Words
________________________________

We pulled up to the spot in the woods where Hailey and her brother were. "You guys got room for three more?" Dean asked "wait you wanna come with us?" Hailey asked.

"Who are these people?" The man asked "apparently, this is all the park service could muster up for search and rescue" she said looking at us. "You're rangers?" The man asked "that's right" you said following Sam up the hill.

"And you're kicking out in biker boots and jeans?" She asked Dean "well, sweetheart, I don't do shorts." Dean said looking down at his outfit then back up at her and walking off.

"Oh, you think this is funny? It's dangerous backcountry out there. Her brother might be hurt." The man said and you rolled your eyes. "Believe me, we know how dangerous it can be." You said as you gave him a sarcastic smile.

"We just want to help them find their brother. That's all." Dean said as he grabbed you shoulders and pushed you ahead of him. "Seriously, stop being rude." He said and you just looked at him.

---

We were hiking the woods and you were watching your step closely. You were in the back with Sam. "Roy, you said you did a little hunting." Dean asked

"yeah, more than a little" Roy replied "what kind of furry critters do you hunt?" Dean asked "mostly buck. Sometimes bear." Roy said as he tried to focus.

"Tell me, uh, Bambi or Yogi ever hunt you back?" Dean asked just as he finished Roy grabbed the back of his shirt and pulled him back.

We all stopped and you started to move forward but Sam stopped you. "What you doing, Roy?" Dean asked and Roy bent down and picked up a stick and slammed in on the ground.

A bear trap. Roy smiled "you should watch where you're stepping.. Ranger." Roy said and Dean threw his head back. "It was a bear trap" Dean said then we all continued to walk.

You signed you was tired of walking. You noticed Sam had been holding the bag this whole time and you felt bad. "Want me to hold it" You asked and pointed to the bag. "No, no I got it" he said as he smiled "you sure?" You asked "yeah, it's kinda heavy for you" he said and you just laughed. "Wow Sammy thinks I'm weak." You said and he laughed.

"Who the hell are you?" You heard Hailey say and Dean looked up toward me and Sam. We stopped and she waited for her brother to pass. Dean nodded letting us know he had it covered. So we walked off.

---

We've been walking for hours or so it felt like. My legs were killing me. "This is it- black water ridge." Roy said. "What coordinates are we at?" Sam asked "35 and minus 111." Roy replied.

Dean walked up to us "you hear that?" He asked "yeah" I said "not even crickets" Sam replied. "I'm gonna go take a look around" Roy said "you shouldn't go off by yourself." Sam said.

"That's sweet. Don't worry about me." Roy said before walking ahead. "I hate him" you said looking up at sam. "All right, everybody stays together. Let's go" Dean said and we followed.

---

"Hailey! Over here!" Roy shouted and we all ran to his voice. "Oh, my god" she said as we looked at the tent. It was a mess. "Looks like a grizzly." Her brother said. You noticed the blood.

"Tommy?" Hailey said as she took off her bag "Tommy!" She yelled but Sam and you ran after her. "Shh" Sam said grabbing her "why?" She said "something might still be out there." You said.