I grew from those who hate me. Stead fast to a razor blade symphony

"Andrew, CC, Jake. Where have you been? Late again. Don't you know that you should be in your homeroom for registration by 8:40?"

"Don't worry Mr Purdy!" Mr Ferguson interrupted.

"Wait, who are you?"

"I am the new maths teacher. I was with them, I was saying the Jake that I should get some college level maths for him."

"Oh if that's the case, then, boys you're off the hook, this time." He always tried to be stern but he was not very good at it. He turned around and flashed a smile at Andy, as usual.

"See Andy, he totally has a thing for you?" CC nudged Andy.

"Alright boys, it was a good thing I cam when I did" He smiled.

"Thanks Sir." I smiled back. We had an intense eye lock and grinned, before I awkwardly looked down.

"See you around boys. Oh, Jake I'll see you first period."He smiled again and headed for his room.

"Dude what happened then?" Andy asked, I shrugged in response.

"Seriously though, you guys were like eye fucking each other." CC laughed.

"There's nothing going on between us, he's just my maths teacher." I told them so they didn't carry on making fun out of me, I didn't need anymore people to do it. Well I wanted there to be more than an 'eye fuck' in school.

"Well, if Andy has Mr Purdy and you have Mr Ferguson, then I better step up my game and find teacher myself." CC joked, he always knew how to make us laugh.

I reached for my planner to see what lessons I had that day; Maths, Physics, Maths, History, Chemistry and Maths, yet again. As you have probably noticed I had maths a lot, I really liked maths, I was good at it. So I dropped a lot of my other subjects to have more lessons of it, most of them it is just me and the teacher because I do advance maths.

The buzzer in the building rang through the entirety of the school to promptly tell students to go to class, and teachers that they have a class.

"I'll see you in the music room at break." I shouted to the boys as the turned away together as they were always in the same classes.

.

.

.

I entered the room nervously as I hate coming in to classes later than other people, maths was on the first floor and my homeroom was on the ground floor. I entered and let the door close behind me and I saw Mr Ferguson at his desk and a desk out more prominently than the rest.

"Good morning Jake, I saw that it was timetabled for your advanced maths now, so, er...take a seat."

I anxiously sat down, simultaneously he pulled a seat up to be opposite me.

"I don't want this to be awkward." He smiled. "I don't know what you have done last year so I'll flick through this."

We went through integration, differentiation and polar coordinates quickly as a brief recap of what I did at the end of last year.

"Right we still have 35 minutes left of this lesson do you want to chat?"

"Sure."

We talked about a variety of topics, music, tv programmes, guitars and the topic of what happened yesterday was unavoidable.

The buzzer sounded again.

"Time already? Well I'll see you third period." He held my hand as we said goodbye.

.

.

.

I was the last one at the music room today so they had already set up.

"Guys, I have an idea for a riff for Youth and Whiskey."

"Great Jake let's hear it."

I played a little bit I came up with.

"Jake, buddy, that's awesome, it fits so well." CC congratulated me. When I was praised it mad me feel so good.

"Oh Jake, I just remembered that I've got a show during lunch through till after school." Andy told me.

"Dude, I've got drum practice." CC chipped in.

I nodded in acknowledgement although I hated it when they left me or they weren't in, I felt so lonely

.

.

.

"Alright guys, a surprise test for you." Mr Ferguson said joyfully as he watched the jocks moan. He snaked up and down between the rows handing out the papers.

"You've got the whole hour to complete this, it's so I can see your ability." He checked his watch. "You may begin."

Ten minutes in I had finished, I sneaked to the front, trying not to be heard by the rest of the class, and handed my paper to Sir to mark it, he smiled as he normally did. I sat back at my desk and brought out my notebook and started to doodle, without realising I sketched Mr Ferguson as I saw him, I quickly turned the page as he walked up the aisle to the left of me. He handed me my paper back, 98%. 'Where did I lose marks?' I thought and flicked through the paper looking for the dreaded red cross, which was due to the fact that I rounded incorrectly. I carried on looking at my paper until I saw a little note reading 'meet me at the park at 7'. I disclosed the note in my trouser pocket, well really it was Jinxx's trouser pocket but hey.

.

.

.

Lunch approached, I didn't want it to. I sat alone in the music room. I worked on some more guitar parts when the door opened and Jinxx entered.

His hands rested on the the edges of his trouser pockets and he rocked back and fore on his heels, like a young schoolboy . "Hey, you're really good, do you mind if I play with you?"

"Of course." I smiled. We warmed up with a simple song, Sweet Child O' Mine. We harmonised perfectly together, why not add another reason why we would be perfect together, but then again why would it happen? I proceeded to show him the riff I had came up with earlier.

"Sweet! What is the name of the song, if you have one?" He truly seemed impressed.

"Yes, it's called Youth and Whiskey."

He thought for a moment "That's a unique name, I like it, just as I like your name."

I smirked, I liked it when he came out with these witty comments.I look down at my thumbs that were leaning on the guitar I was using, they twirled on their own then. I looked back up and saw him looking at me with the mystic stare that drew me to him the first time I saw him. I continued to look at me, I could feel the 'I want you' vibes that were coming from me, but were they coming from him too?

He turned away to put the guitar back as the buzzer was going to go.

"I'm guessing you saw my note, so I'll meet you at the park." He smiled and gently patted my lower back, it sent shivers up my back.

-

-

-

A/N: in the next chapter there will be a self-harm reference, just to inform you guys.