Chapter 4: Bad Habits

Habits are something you do in daily life, something not ordinary or may be ordinary to others. Having such habits is not bad, it gives us a characteristic that separates us from other people, for example, a twin, they may have different habits to distinguish one from the other.

However, showing such habits can't always be good, especially when a person in your life is new, and not that close to you yet, they may take your habits as a very bad one. Bad habits. Everyone has different preferences in everything, so might as well expect that someone might get annoyed of these habits.

That someone might be Tsuyuri Kanao.

It is only normal that a person should be aware about their own habits when with another person, but her roommate, seemed to not know that rule. Ignorant, her roommate purely defines the word ignorant.

Her roommate, namely, Tanjirou.

-

-

-

--------------

Accidentally Roommates
Chapter 4: Bad Habits

--------------

-

-

-

--------------

The morning sunlight filtered through the curtains, casting a warm glow across the room. Kanao stirred from her sleep, her body slowly coming to life as she stretched out her limbs. She reached for her phone on the nightstand, the screen lighting up as she unlocked it. The time read 6:00 AM, the start of another day.

She sighed softly, knowing she needed to get up. As she swung her legs over the edge of the bed and stood up, she stretched again, her arms leaning towards the ceiling. The peaceful moment was abruptly interrupted when her eyes landed on the kitchen sink, visible from her bedroom doorway.

"!?"

Kanao's eyes widened as she noticed the mountain of dishes piled up in the sink, a jarring contrast to the neatness she preferred. Her eyebrows furrowed in mild irritation, but before she could voice her frustration, a cheerful voice greeted her from behind.

"Good morning, Kanao."

Kanao nearly jumped at the sound,. She turned to see Tanjirou standing behind her, a bright smile on his face, completely oblivious to the mess he had left behind.

"Tanjirou," she called, trying to keep her tone even.

"Yes?" he responded, his smile unwavering.

Kanao opened her mouth to say something, then thought better of it. Now if she thinks of it... Tanjirou was never up that late, he usually wakes up at five, but today is an hour late.

'It could also be because he came home late last night...' she thought.

She exhaled slowly and forced a small smile. "Nevermind... Good morning, by the way."

"Anything you want for breakfast?" Tanjirou asked, already heading towards the kitchen, stepping around the stack of dishes as if they weren’t even there.

"I'm fine with whatever you cook," Kanao replied, her gaze still lingering on the dishes.

"Alright!" Tanjirou cheerfully called back as he started preparing breakfast, completely unaware of the irritation brewing in his roommate as she initiated washing the dishes.